Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

No MMO wii games coming soon

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

well, i guess nintendo isn't really that interested in making a MMO right now apparently.

and i was almost sure they'd do a animal crossing mmo. :cry:

It

Edited by Mr. PokeFan (see edit history)

Posted

That is sick and WRONG. We all need a little MMO in our lives.

I hardly ever say this, but, I think Ninty is going the wrong way with this. An MMO on Wii would bring its popularity waaaaay up. Seeing how just about everyone enjoys MMOs. It seems Nintendo is focusing on every type of gamer EXEPT MMO's. What about them? Nintendo is missing out on a great opportunity, and someone else is going to get it. The Wii has the capabilities, so why not put it to use?

Posted

There's already an article that covers this topic.

GameSpot: Taking a step back from games for a second, a lot of companies are working hard on building up massively multiplayer games or virtual worlds like Second Life. The Wii infrastructure is set up now, the Mii avatars have taken hold, and you've got experience in making virtual worlds from Animal Crossing. Do you have any plans for creating an avatar-based service like, say, Sony's forthcoming PlayStation Home for the Playstation 3?

Satoru Iwata: The first question I would ask is whether the service is fun if you're 5 or 95, if you're tech-savvy and if you're computer illiterate. If that's not a hurdle we can get past, it's not something Nintendo is going to pursue.

Take the Miis, for example. Sure, we could go crazy with the interface until it was so customizable that you could make an avatar that looked like anyone you could imagine. But it's because the interface is the way that it is now that the average person can pick it up and create a family member's portrait and feel a personal connection to games unlike anything available in the past. Mii is the answer we came up with after a long process of questioning just how low we could keep that entrance threshold.

Posted

hey! an MMO would hopefully get all those WoW heads off WoW and onto Wii!

Posted

also, WoW has stagnated the market and there have been very few other succesful MMOs since it's release, in fact I think Lord of the Rings online is the only game since WoW that has got over 100,000 subscribers (of course this doesn't take into account things like guild wars with no subscriptions).

When you consider WoW has 10 million subscribers, nothing else can really match up to it anymore...