Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Wiimote can learn?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

http://thewiire.com/news/518/1/Wii_Remote_is_AiLive

Independent developers with great game ideas but limited programming skills will have an advantage in designing their project for Nintendo's new console: The Wii Remote can learn.

AiLive, a California-based development studio, announced that it has partnered with Nintendo to bring its LiveMove tool to Wii. Using the Wii Remote's motion-sensing technology, LiveMove will enable independent developers to teach the Wii Remote moves and commands using gesture-based examples. Previously, developers wanting to incorporate moves and commands into a game would do so with traditional, often-complicated coding techniques.

"The Wii coupled with AiLive LiveMove will usher in a new era of natural game control," commented AiLive Chairman Dr. Wei Yen. "Powered by AiLive's patented Context Learning, LiveMove will allow the game industry to move away from indirect digital control to more natural analog control for the first time."

Nintendo has previously discussed offering the original creations of independent developers for download on the Wii Virtual Console.

"This revolutionary tool liberates the imaginations of game creators. We are more than happy to share this collaborative LiveMove tool with independent Wii software developers all over the world. From a cowboy's lasso to a samurai's sword or a chef's cooking utensils, we just can't wait to play the developers' new, 'unexpected' applications," added Genyo Takeda, senior managing director/general manager of integrated research and development division for Nintendo.

While comprehensive knowledge of coding may no longer be a requirement to develop for Wii, disposable income will be. LiveMove is currently available exclusively to Wii development studios for a fee of $2,500 per user.

Stay with The Wiire for more on the future of homebrew applications available for Wii.

I don't know if this is new or not, so I decided to post it for those who were interested.

Posted

lol, i hope it doesnt get to smart and take over the world... :unsure:

Posted

lol, i hope it doesnt get to smart and take over the world... :unsure:

lol, i hope noone leaves the forum because of your obsession with trying to have the most posts everyday! <_<

Posted

that program is just for the programmers themselves.

NINTENDO AND AILIVE ANNOUNCE NEW TOOL FOR CREATIVE AND EASY WII DEVELOPMENT

'LiveMove' Tool Now Available to Wii Developers

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 12, 2006