Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mario Kart Wii dated for Australia

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo's anticipated [i]Wii[/i] title, [i]Mario Kart Wii[/i], has officially been given a release date of April 24, 2008 for Australia.

------

[i]Mario Kart Wii[/i] is set to release in Australia April 24, announced Nintendo Australia, to the tune of AUD $99.95 (equivalent to USD $93).

Some may call it a start, especially since there are rather large time gaps between Australian game releases from Nintendo and the rest of the world. But there is still no word on when two other hotly wanted titles, [i]Wii Fit[/i] and [i]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/i], will hit Australian shores.

[i]Mario Kart Wii[/i] is set to release April 10 in Japan and April 11 in Europe. There is no confirmed release date for North America.

Source: [url="http://au.gamespot.com/news/6187344.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0"]GameSpot Australia[/url]

Posted

Hooray for Australia :)

I still dont have a Wii though :(

Posted

aprill 11th eh? :unsure:

Posted

Well can't wait for SSBB but MKW should be fun in online ^^ :D

Posted

Yay!
Go Australia!

Posted

Hopefully, this means that Australia might get Wii Fit before America as well in order to be fair about getting brawl late.

Yes, they'll be getting Mario kart later than Europe, but it's less than two weeks, compared to the gap between America and PAL (Europe and Australia) for brawl.

Posted

Well this is interesting; I just went to pick up Brawl and they were giving out lists of Wii games that will be coming out soon for the U.S.. On it, it said that Mario Kart Wii will get to the U.S. on April 1st.

Posted

[quote name='Vadarth X' post='128133' date='Mar 9 2008, 08:16 PM']Well this is interesting; I just went to pick up Brawl and they were giving out lists of Wii games that will be coming out soon for the U.S.. On it, it said that Mario Kart Wii will get to the U.S. on April 1st.[/quote]

meh, everything is wrong nowdays.

e.g.

contrary to gameFAQ's, play.com says brwal will be released on the 30/05/2008 in europe.

Posted

[quote name='Vadarth X' post='128133' date='Mar 9 2008, 08:16 PM']Well this is interesting; I just went to pick up Brawl and they were giving out lists of Wii games that will be coming out soon for the U.S.. On it, it said that Mario Kart Wii will get to the U.S. on April 1st.[/quote]

I doubt that, Japan gets it March 10th (and it almost always gets things first, they got all the big three hitters first, the ones that America and Europe are basically sharing the releases of) and Nintendo tend to announce dates about 2 months in advance at least.

The april 1st is probabbly going on the Q2 release date that is currently official for the US, which starts with april 1st.