Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SSBB Tourney

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, it's out and the inevitable is happening, considering so many people will have the game, we will be organising a hyrule.net tournament to see who's the best, like every month or so XD.

I was wondering what format we should have it in, hence the poll options, should the FIRST tournament be a:

Knockout (2 people will play each other, the winner goes through, or 4 people play and 2 go through)

League (Everyone plays each other once or twice and the person with the most wins wins overall)

How many people per game:

2 or 4

What rules:

"pro" rules

some restrictions on items/stages etc.

EVERYTHING on, all out brawl <---I like this one, more fun :D

Alternatively, we may be able to run a couple at a time using different rule sets, what do you think?

I just want to point out, this isn't the sign-ups for the tournament yet, as nothing has been properly organised, but if you're interested please say as it would be nice to get a (very rough) idea of numbers.

Posted

but Europe does not have brawl yet. :cry:

Posted

Well, we need to get the ball rolling and there'll be other tournaments later, I hope to make this an ongoing thing.

Posted

sign me up! I'm getting more and more talented everyday.

Posted

this isn't for sign-ups yet, but it would be a good idea to say if you're interested as it could give a rouhg idea of numbers (although if I announce the actual tourney signups on the front page, chances are the response will be a fair bit bigger).

Posted (edited)

i made a vote, i voted pro rules. i think there should be no items, cept the smash ball.

Edited by Mr. PokeFan (see edit history)

Posted

we could have a mario kart wii touney too.

Posted

O don't worry, we will do, that and brawl are the two most multiplayer-centric games on the wii and I would expect a fair few people to get both.

Of course, when it comes out, I'm not sure many people will be in the MK tourny, but that doesn't stop it :D

League and Tournament seem to be pretty close. I want to point out myself that as a first tournament, it might be nicer to have a league format because that way you won't have a lot of people getting knocked out in the first round and only getting to play one game. Of course, a league will also take longer to complete.

Posted

My votes:

Knockout

4 players

Everything on.

When this tournament starst up, it's going to be fun :) Although... it's through Wi-fi and if someone whom you are facing has bad connection, the game could lag heavily.

So we're going to need to think about this a little more.

Posted

my vote

get 50$ to get Brawl

but that doesn't concern u :unsure:

Posted

My votes:

League

4 Players

Everything on

Ad I am DEFINETLY interested. Just don't start it before easter, and give us a little time to train as well.

Posted

Don't worry, at the way things are going I'll only get brawl JUST before Easter and then I'll have to organise it after that, it probabbly won't start properly for at least 2 weeks.

The League vs Knockout seems to be closely contested, I might have a solution to that though that ought to be fair though.

Posted

Don't worry, at the way things are going I'll only get brawl JUST before Easter and then I'll have to organise it after that, it probabbly won't start properly for at least 2 weeks.

will brawl be out in UK just before easter?

Posted

will brawl be out in UK just before easter?

Easter is less than a week, you'd think we would've heard about it by now.

Posted

I shall defeat all with Captain Falcon.

And :tingle: ...