Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii Remote, iPhone to be used by US Military

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Wii is used in retirement homes, rehabilitation centers, and hospitals. iPhone is the leading enterprise communications device in the country, and is even set to enter the gaming market. The two are about to be used for yet another unconventional purpose: assisting the US military.

------

The Wii Remote is currently being tested by the US Army to control a robot named Packbot, a robot used to dispose of bombs. Like with Wii, the Wii Remote wirelessly interacts with Packbot, allowing soldiers to maneuver it across fields to clear mines and impact-sensitive bombs.

Apple's iPhone is also catching the eye of the military, replacing the communications technology currently in use.

Source: [url="http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2008/03/27/nintendo-wii-controller-and-apple-iphone-to-be-used-by-the-us-military/"]TECH.BLORGE[/url]

Posted

Props to nintendo and apple for creating such good products. :joy: I wonder what the military will use that mind control helmet for? B)

Posted

lol theyd probably upgrade the wii remote with a fat arse blade along one sode encase of close encounters... but that would be funny to see.. people running around with the nunchucks haha

Posted

[quote name='xskullkidx' post='133359' date='Mar 28 2008, 07:57 AM']lol theyd probably upgrade the wii remote with a fat arse blade along one sode encase of close encounters... but that would be funny to see.. people running around with the nunchucks haha[/quote]

Hilarious -_-"

Thing is though, you won't be able to use it like a wii-remote normally, like pointing. Surely it would be used on the D-pad and A button, etc etc.
Hmm.

Posted

wow!

Posted

[color="#008080"][font="Arial Black"][size=1]You know I was checking my e-mail and they give featured news on Yahoo...
And I saw this today. : D About the news.[/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/defuse-bombs-with-a-wii-remote/1200820"]You can see it here. I didn't read it but it's basically this news post over again.[/url]