Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE EARTHBOUND CULT

54 posts in this topic

Posted

I decided to fork the official Starmen.net Earthbound Cult into this little Hyrule.net fork.

There will be serious discussion about the Mother series as a whole.

If we /can/ get a forum of some sort, maybe even a sub-forum, we can post fanart, fanmusic, fanstuff in general, discussions, myths, things. All that good stuff.

Join here, and post. POST!

POOOOAST!

By the way, we need a co-leader. The co-leader topic in recruitment forum is totally different, because this is the current discussion and stuff topic.

All can join, even the poseurs :P I'm sure we can hook you up with some Earthbound/Mother action.

We'll also watch the development of Saturn Valley Online, and even join the game when it's completed.

I can do something with my myhyrule later, dedicated to the cult fork.

Anyway, join here.

Posted

I'll join. :]

Even if you still think I'm a poser. :P

Posted

Prove me otherwise (and take that out of your sig. You know any much new fans of Ness and Lucas have never touched a Mother in their life >.>. Also, no, it's not directed towards you. It's towards anyone who's never touched a Mother game in their life and say "Ness? Oh yeah, man he's cool." At least know his roots, people.) and I'll think...otherwise.

Posted

I have played and beaten Mother 2, and I'm working on Mother 1.

Once again, these games easily defeat Final Fantasy in my view. And it bothers the living hell out of me that people will say 'OMG NESS I HEART HIM, LOLZ WUT?' and have never heard of Earthbound. But thats why Ness is in Smash Bros. For marketing. Because NOA's slogan was "This Game Stinks!"

Thats probably one of the biggest reasons why EB didnt go well in the US. That and people of the time werent very into RPG's.
NOA didnt even bother to give it a second cahnce when half of its bad sales was THEIR OWN FAULT. AMERICAN MARKETING PISSES ME OFF.

Posted

You don't see any marketing happening here.

We've been sieging for a while, and NO EB VC, NO Mother 3, nothin'.

I look each week at leaked games, hoping to see Mother or Earthbound on it.

I'd pay 6 bucks for Mother on the Wii...

Also, we have an official Chat channel now.

When you go into the chat, type /join #EB.

Posted

[i]Was[/i] for marketing.

NOA probably looks at all our EB Siege mail and says 'S**t. We need more recycle bins.'
And Reggie complains we bombard him. Christ, cant this guy take a hint?

I've been waiting for EB on the Virtual Console so I dont have to be using a ROM. >_> Mum got rid of my SNES when I was eight. I hate her sometimes.

Good idea with the chat. :D Im going to check it out.

Posted

You came in when I was at dinner.

And, no. NOA is beginning to take the hint.

Problem is, we're addressing EB VC more than Mother 3.

Which Mother 3 is the entire point of the effing siege.

Posted

Well, its good to know NOA realises we want Mother. If we get EB on VC, it means we're making progress.

Hahah, Giygas has taken over my fireplace. Or atleast a fireplace tile. XD

I first saw this and thought 'Holy crap, its Giygas. I want a new fireplace. NOW.'

[img]http://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08143/fpwgiygas902.png[/img]

[img]http://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08143/fpwogiygas424.png[/img]

EDIT: You can see Giygas on the second image, you just kinda have to look hard. xP You can see it more easily if you look at it from afar, too.

Posted

[quote name='Oh Noes' post='134851' date='Apr 1 2008, 06:13 PM']Well, its good to know NOA realises we want Mother. If we get EB on VC, it means we're making progress.

Hahah, Giygas has taken over my fireplace. Or atleast a fireplace tile. XD

I first saw this and thought 'Holy crap, its Giygas. I want a new fireplace. NOW.'

[img]http://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08143/fpwgiygas902.png[/img]

[img]http://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08143/fpwogiygas424.png[/img]

EDIT: You can see Giygas on the second image, you just kinda have to look hard. xP You can see it more easily if you look at it from afar, too.[/quote]

Doesn't look like Giygas at all, really.

Posted

I thought it did. >_<

Did you look at it from away? Maybe my eyes are messed up. That or an overactive imagination.

Posted

[quote name='Oh Noes' post='134879' date='Apr 1 2008, 08:17 PM']I thought it did. >_<

Did you look at it from away? Maybe my eyes are messed up. That or an overactive imagination.[/quote]

Imagination.

It's really nothin' there.

Posted

Damn. >_> I hate that thing sometimes.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRQkXJAcKHo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRQkXJAcKHo[/url]

I lol'd xD

Posted

[quote name='Django' post='134711' date='Apr 1 2008, 08:00 PM']I decided to fork the official Starmen.net Earthbound Cult into this little Hyrule.net fork.

There will be serious discussion about the Mother series as a whole.

If we /can/ get a forum of some sort, maybe even a sub-forum, we can post fanart, fanmusic, fanstuff in general, discussions, myths, things. All that good stuff.

Join here, and post. POST!

POOOOAST!

By the way, we need a co-leader. The co-leader topic in recruitment forum is totally different, because this is the current discussion and stuff topic.

All can join, even the poseurs :P I'm sure we can hook you up with some Earthbound/Mother action.

We'll also watch the development of Saturn Valley Online, and even join the game when it's completed.

I can do something with my myhyrule later, dedicated to the cult fork.

Anyway, join here.[/quote]

fine, i'll join, prehaps this could become official, but anyone can join it, regardless if they're already in a clan :P

Posted

PK BUMP!

I'm trying to see if Dustin can alter the clans script to allow multiple clans but I dunno if that's possible.

Hopefully it will be able to and we can has forumz.

Posted

Yay, I brought it back to life.

It'll be nice if we get to be an official clan. But altering it so one could join multiple clans could promote spying. Which would be bad. (for TGEA and Keaton;s Army atleast.)

Sooo....

It amazes me that some people think [url="http://nazos.hp.infoseek.co.jp/nazo/kirby/zerotwo.gif"]this[/url] is scarier than Giygas. I dont understand.

That thing is Zerotwo, from Kirby 64. People say its one of the scariest bosses ever. Who the hell are they kidding?