next gen after the wii, at the level of the PS3?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

this is only a rumor and i have yet to find proof of it so, if anyone has anything let me know..... my neighbor recently told me the sony sold the tech rights to a computer company, but was uncertain to who.... a week later (today) i went back over and he claimed that they sold it to ibm..... ibm is the company that has made processors for nintendo since the gamcube at least...

now im having trouble trying to believe this just for the simple fact that sony is well aware of ibm's relations with nintendo, so why would it sale the right's to a company that helped competition, if it is true?

one point i want to make, if it did indeed take place, is did sony do this for strategic purpose that is beyond radical thought? did they know there is a possibility for some form of the fluke for the ps3 and were they just wanting more money.... or is there possibly even more who-ha to this array, than even i can predict??????

someone help me out!!!!!!

Posted

sorry cant help you there...

but what i can say is that, sony is jealous of nintendo and they just want to be bigger and better...

trying to copy off nintendo's wifi controller movements made them stuff up thier controller and made them take off the rumble...

i did have more.. but ive forgoten

Posted

chances are the next-gen nintendo console will exceed the ps3 anyway because the technology will be there and cheaper to use.

The only thing that's currently known about Nintendo's next-gen console is that it WILL be High-Def

Posted

Seems a little early to talk about Nintendo's "next-gen", doesn't it? Their current next-gen still has a month to go before release.

Posted

Seems a little early to talk about Nintendo's "next-gen", doesn't it? Their current next-gen still has a month to go before release.

well in a way i wasnt really talking about the next gen (after wii and ps3), i was just trying to figure out why (if the did sale the rights) sony sold the ps3 tech rights to ibm....

to think about the next gen is quite absurd though, i do agree with you there, i mean what's the point, honestly?

Posted

I can only imagine the future gaming consoles capabilities 5 or 6 years down the road since that is there current lifespan nowadays. :)

Posted

i reakon the next gen would be like acualy being in the game :D

if youve seen spykids 3 ull know what im talking bout

Posted

nah, i reckon virtual reality is more than 2 generations down the line at least. I mean the wii is a first step towards that, but still a basic step at that, so full involvement in the game is still a fair way off i reckon

Posted

I think it's too early to talk about the next-gen consoles.

And if the Wii sells a lot, Nintendo will keep their next-gen console the same, with the exception of graphical upgrades.

At least that's what i think

Posted

why would you say that virtual reality is so far off? I am 17 and I am using virtual reality and making things in it. VR really isn't too complicated. and i am sure with an entire team such as Nintendo you can create it pretty well. the only problem with virtual reality is that it is dangerous and it takes a long time to do some of the simple things. so it would take years before they would have a lot of games until VR is simplized.

Posted

this is what i think Xbox 360 and ps3 but too much time in to graphics

don't get me wrong i love looking a pretty game but i want some more interactive

i like more of the game play of a syatem then the beaty of it

so i'm getting a Wii

:D

Posted

Nintendo's next advancement after this-gen will be enough to show us glory in many different ways. There will be no more need after to make better hardware.

Posted

Why would Sony sell their precious info to IBM? Isn't it obvious?

At the end of the day, they only care about making $$$. It's no secret that they are losing money every time they make a PS3, because it sells for about $200 less than it costs to make. They probably figured "Well if we sell these specs, we can help reduce the vast amount of cash we're losing!"

Though the next Wii might be high def and equal to or greater than the PS3, I'd also bet Sony and Microsoft make "interactive controllers" as well.

Posted

Why would Sony sell their precious info to IBM? Isn't it obvious?

At the end of the day, they only care about making $$$. It's no secret that they are losing money every time they make a PS3, because it sells for about $200 less than it costs to make. They probably figured "Well if we sell these specs, we can help reduce the vast amount of cash we're losing!"

Though the next Wii might be high def and equal to or greater than the PS3, I'd also bet Sony and Microsoft make "interactive controllers" as well.

only 200? i thought they were losing more than that, like 500 because of the blueray player!

and as for the quote outta your head about them sellin the specs, it still doesnt make since if they did because they know how bad this would be potentially in the long run.....

another thing that makes this even more complicated is that ibm along with toshiba make the processors for the ps3, so why would they sale the rights to something, they already hold a major part in... the answer is what you said before....

is everyone ready for it???????

no, seriously are you ready for it?????

the answer is because, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY, AND THEY REALIZE THIS MACHINE IS DRIVIN THEM INTO THE GROUND!!!!!!!!