Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sonic Unleashed confirmed for Wii

14 posts in this topic

Posted

A new sonic game which looks to return to a far more classic sonic style has been officially confirmed by sega after a teaser video and lots of screenshots of the game were leaked. The gameplay looks to be mostly on a 2d plane, like the sonic games of old, but with stunning graphics and 3d models.

The game is in development for Wii, 360, PS3 and PS2. A trailer for the game can be found after the break

------

Apologies for this being a bit late.

Posted

Woah! that looks nice! :D

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='136022' date='Apr 6 2008, 06:22 AM']A new sonic game which looks to return to a far more classic sonic style has been officially confirmed by sega after a teaser video and lots of screenshots of the game were leaked. The gameplay looks to be mostly on a 2d plane, like the sonic games of old, but with stunning graphics and 3d models.

The game is in development for Wii, 360, PS3 and PS2. A trailer for the game can be found after the break

------

Apologies for this being a bit late.[/quote]
........ *falls over* im akay :joy:

Posted

I haven't gotten a new Sonic game for a while. Since it's for the Wii, I'll have to think about getting it when it comes out.

Posted

For someone that doesn't like the new 3D Sonic games, that looks sweeeet.

Posted

This game looks to be a lot of fun. I just hope Sonic's annoying friends don't tag along for the ride (well, maybe just Tails and Knuckles, as they were playable in the old games).

Posted

This actually looks pretty cool. Fun!

Posted

Interesting: Sidescrolling 3-D Sonic.
Well this looks like fun already. ^^

Posted

It actually doesn't look too bad!
It's just the way I want Sonic to be xD!

Posted

I never was a big fan of Sonic. Not after they switched to 3D gaming. The originals were fine (Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, etc.) but when they switched to a 3D engine, they blew it in my opinion.
This one doesn't look that bad, but like I said, I'm not a big fan of the 3D Sonic games.

Posted

this pleases me

and by that i mean (excuse my language) HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

Posted

Hmm...I wonder if it will play anything like Secret Rings or Adventure 2, for that matter.

Anywho, I'd probably get it...if I got a Wii or any of those systems...

EDIT: Wait, never mind, i'll get it for the PS2, haha.

Posted

This game looks amazing I cant wait to buy it!

Posted

[quote name='CyberWolf' post='136150' date='Apr 7 2008, 12:49 AM']I never was a big fan of Sonic. Not after they switched to 3D gaming. The originals were fine (Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, etc.) but when they switched to a 3D engine, they blew it in my opinion.
This one doesn't look that bad, but like I said, I'm not a big fan of the 3D Sonic games.[/quote]

[quote name='TyjanIg' post='137053' date='Apr 10 2008, 10:05 PM']Hmm...I wonder if it will play anything like Secret Rings or Adventure 2, for that matter.

Anywho, I'd probably get it...if I got a Wii or any of those systems...

EDIT: Wait, never mind, i'll get it for the PS2, haha.[/quote]

That's the thing, it looks like it will play much more like the 2d sonics. The best comparison would be sonic rush on the DS. 3d character models but running along a 2d plane, did any of you ever get to play those?