Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rumored Ace Attorney spin-off for DS--CONFIRMED

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Scans from the latest issue of Japanese gaming magazine giant [i]Famitsu[/i] speculate a spin-off to Capcom's popular point-and-click adventure series [i]Gyakuten Saiban[/i], known as [i]Ace Attorney[/i] outside of Japan.

[b]Updated Sunday 041308[/b]: [i]Gyakuten Kenji[/i] / [i]Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor[/i] is now confirmed by Capcom. The Japanese website for the game can be viewed [url="http://www.capcom.co.jp/kenji/"]here[/url].

------

[center][img]http://files.nintendic.com/nintendo-ds/perfect-prosecutor/pheonixscan.jpg[/img]
[img]http://files.nintendic.com/nintendo-ds/perfect-prosecutor/23159iup5902041221047lo2.jpg[/img][/center]

If you're a PW/AJ/GS head like me, this should be rather interesting.

The latest issue of [i]Famitsu[/i] implies the latest [i]Gyakuten-not-Saiban[/i]--official projects by Capcom that are relevant to the [i]Gyakuten Saiban[/i]/[i]Ace Attorney[/i] series but are not one of the series' main games themselves--is a spin-off of the main series. It follows Miles Edgeworth, a major character in the series' Phoenix Wright/Ryuichi Naruhodo arc, and is titled [i]Gyakuten Kenji[/i] in Japan, and [i]Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor[/i] in North America.

Not much is known other than the facts that it will be a point-and-click adventure like the four main games, the player controls Edgeworth as a prosecutor searching for inconsistencies at crime scenes, Detective Dick Gumshoe will be reprising his role as the main detective after his absence in [i]Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney[/i], and a new deduction system will be introduced, following Phoenix's Magatama and Apollo's Perceive systems.

Other projects in the [i]Gyakuten-not-Saiban[/i] series includes the [i]Gyakuten Meets Orchestra[/i] and [i]Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul[/i] albums, composed by the third game's composer Noriyuki Iwadare and the demo trial complete with voice acting at the 2006 Tokyo Game Show promoting the DS rerelease of the series' first game.

Source: [url="http://www.nintendic.com/news/2171"]Nintendic[/url]

[b]Updated Sunday 041308[/b]: [i]Gyakuten Kenji[/i] / [i]Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor[/i] is now confirmed by Capcom. The Japanese website for the game can be viewed [url="http://www.capcom.co.jp/kenji/"]here[/url].

Posted

first post and I cant understand (thats a shock :unsure: ) its just that its hard to understand becuase some of it has Japanese in it so...

Posted

holy freaking edgeworth in a box, i hope this is real :joy:

Posted

Duuuude, how do you think I feel!? Not when I'm most likely the most hardcore PW head here. xp

Posted

NO! I am xD....I wuv mine Edgey....maek dah gaem!

Posted

Finally! A chance to play as Edgeworth! I hope this isn't a rumor...or an OBJECTION, haha.

Posted

Maybe I'm just being silly.
But this couldn't possibly be a rumour.
There are clearly many screenshots, and new art of Edgeworth and Gumshoe.

Posted

[quote name='TyjanIg' post='137051' date='Apr 10 2008, 09:56 PM']Finally! A chance to play as Edgeworth! I hope this isn't a rumor...or an OBJECTION, haha.[/quote]

*ahem* [spoiler]Trials and Tribulations[/spoiler] *cough*

I didn't say anything...

This is confirmed now though :D

Surely now they've worked out the prosecutor mechanics, they might be able to make a 2 player version :D

Posted

lets see what the other characters think!

franziska: only a foolish fool with a foolish mind would play this foolishly foolish game!
godot: it is great. trite's friend is a decent prosecutor!
apollo: who is edgeworth?
payne: am i in this one too? i hope i have fans...

Posted

Im [i]so[/i] getting this.
Yay Edgey. :D His hair...for some reason I love it. xD

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='137262' date='Apr 11 2008, 06:41 AM']*ahem* [spoiler]Trials and Tribulations[/spoiler] *cough*

I didn't say anything...

This is confirmed now though :D

Surely now they've worked out the prosecutor mechanics, they might be able to make a 2 player version :D[/quote]

Ah, yes..[spoiler]I didn't play the third, only Ace Attorney and Justice For All.[/spoiler]

Have yet to get that one...

Posted

I wonder if this is going to feature any trials against Phoenix and whether we'll find out what happened to Maya...