Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yet another top ten list

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Top 10 Unsolved Mysteries

10. The Babushka Lady

blmuchmore.jpg

During the analysis of the film footage of the assasination of John F. Kennedy in 1963, a mysterious woman was spotted. She was wearing a brown overcoat and a scarf on her head (the scarf is the reason for her name as she wore it in a similar style to Russian grandmothers - also called babushkas). The woman appeared to be holding something in front of her face which is believed to be a camera. She appears in many photos of the scene. Even after the shooting when most people had fled the area, she remained in place and continued to film. Shortly after she is seen moving away to the East up Elm Street. The FBI publically requested that the woman come forward and give them the footage she shot but she never did.

In 1970 a woman called Beverly Oliver came forward and claimed to be the Babushka Woman, though her story contains many inconsistencies. She is generally regarded as a fraud. To this day, no one knows who the Babushka Woman is or what she was doing there. More unusual is her refusal to come forward to offer her evidence.

9. The Zodiac Killer

zodiac-killer-1.jpg

The Zodiac killer was active in Northern California for ten months in the late 1960s. He killed at least five people, and injured two. He comitted the first two murders with a pistol, just inside the Benecia border. In his second shooting in Vallejo, he attempted to kill two people, but one survived despite gunshots to the head and neck. 40 minutes later the police recieved an anonymous phone call from a man claiming to be their killer and admitting to the murders of the previous two victims. One month three letters were sent to Newspapers in California containing a cypher that the killer claimed would give them his name. They cypher was decrypted to read: (Spelling is the way it was in the note)

Posted

:fear::fear::fear: I've read about Jack the Ripper. What a horrible, demented man. The Shroud of Turin is scary. :fear::fear::fear: I wanna hear the taos hum.

Posted

Here is a "recording"

realhum.wav

Posted

lulz, i read this and thought of the perfect villian for my upcoming game XD tis weird :huh:

Posted

'coughbermudatrianglecough'

Already been solved, read "The Sea of Monsters" By Rick Riordan (

XD

)

Posted

I've heard that hum sound. It's weird. I was in Tehachapi (city north of were I live) with my god-parents. It was really really really quiet and really really really low pitch, I couldn't always hear it but about three times I heard what kinda sounded like a mix between a truck, an earthquake, and a big drum. I asked my god-sister if she heard it but she couldn't. Now I can know what to look for "taos hum".

@DT the recording won't play.