Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The beginning of twilight princess

3 posts in this topic

Posted

do not read unless yo want to know what happens at the beginning of the game!!

Warning - this update reveals everything that happens in the final version of Twilight Princess up till the first dungeon, and is most likely the same build IGN and other will be playing next week. If you don't want to know a ton of stuff, don't even bother reading this update and pretend it doesn't exist - RED LEVEL spoilers.

So, a NeoGAF forumer named TheGreatDave has posted apparent information from the latest issue of Edge Magazine (UK). I have my source in the UK out looking for a copy of the issue now, but I'm heading to bed so we probably won't have scans anytime soon. However, read below for the apparent information.

READING BELOW THIS POINT IS SPOILERS

Items:

Before the first dungeon, you will have: learned combat and horse riding, aquired a fishing rod and caught fish, got a slingshot, a lantern, and a "horseshoe-shaped reed" that calls Epona, and "bird shapped reeds" that call hawks to your arm, that you can throw at bees' nests or monkeys.

Story:

You rescue a couple of children and a monkey from moblins in the woods. Link's on his way to Hyrule to deliver a sword and shield. But poo, Moblins on boars attack, abducting "Colin" and Ilia, and Link gets dragged in to the Twilight, at which point he transforms in to a wolf. He wakes up chained in the ruins of Hyrule Castle, and Midna helps him escape.

With Midna on Wolf Link, you can attack multiple enemies at once with a circular energy around Link, kinda like the spin attack, which you have to do cos the enemies in the Twilight Realm often revive their dead buddies. Wolf Link then goes to meet Zelda, who can tell from the blue eyes that he's actually Hyrule's Savior! He then goes to the non-Twilight village, still as a wolf. People are scared of Wolf Link, but he can talk to animals. He then saves the nearly-Twilight Faron Woods by hunting down shadow insects and collecting the tears of light they've consumed, restoring Light Spirits, AKA Great Fairies. The Light Spirit then makes Link human again. You're then on your way to the first dungeon.

Music

Oh, and apparently the soundtrack sounds as good as anything in Zelda before now, with the Twilight Realm music being "synthy".

END SPOILERS

Posted

wow. cant wait for scans if theres new pics

Posted

actually, barely any of that seems new, apart from the returning to ordon village, i would've figured the rest out after e3 2005 with the demos there.. (still no chance to play this darn game :angry: )