Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

9 posts in this topic

Posted

New York City has been invaded and only Spider-Man can save it.

Control everything. "Spider-Man: Web of Shadows" gives you an unprecedented level of gameplay choice, including, for the first time, control over the game's direction and outcome. Choose how Spider-Man fights, which powers to upgrade, who in the Marvel Universe to fight with or against, and the fate of New York City itself.

Choose wisely.

screen001.jpgscreen002.jpg

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Teaser Trailer

Top Five Reasons To Swing Back to NYC

1. It spins a brand new tale.

Sorry, Tobey - Spider-Man: Web of Shadows isn't based on the film franchise, it's based on the web-slinging comic book legend himself, giving the developers at Shaba and Treyarch a great deal of leeway in crafting an entirely new plot. In a nutshell, New York has been invaded by something very bad, resulting in a cataclysmic event that has rocked city leaders to the point of declaring martial law. Other heroes are gathering uptown to protect civilians, while villains are grouping downtown to repel the aggressors. And Spidey? He has to sort it all out, of course.

2. Friends and foes, together at last.

As you swing through the streets, you'll bump into some of Spidey's greatest allies and most nefarious foes fighting in the same struggle. Kingpin, for instance, is holed up in his office fortress, while S.H.I.E.L.D. has quarantined some of the other new villains. Meanwhile, Luke Cage is forging a desperate stand in Harlem. It's all going down in New York, and you've got a front row seat.

3. Fight and flight.

He might not have bulging green biceps or wear a suit made of impenetrable iron, but Spider-Man is seriously capable in a fight. Web of Shadows introduces a brand new combat system that utilizes the game's jaw-dropping verticality more than ever. You might start a fight in the streets, continue brawling up the side of a skyscraper and finish it off on a rooftop. Web attacks, mid-air combos, seamlessly shifting from web-swinging to butt-kicking: though they've yet to release a final list of Spidey's abilities, expect plenty of ways to dish out justice.

4. Love him, hate him or love to hate him.

Too many superhero games turn you into you a flawless force of goodness with an unassailable public image. In a move that's sure to please J. Jonah Jameson, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows reintroduces the concept of a fickle public. Treat citizens well and they'll reward you with loyalty; treat them like they're in your way and you might find the masses a bit less manageable. No one get s a free pass in Manhattan.

5. Decisions, decisions.

Past Spider-Man games have let players roam freely about New York. Web of Shadows is no different, featuring an upgraded version of the outstanding game engine that powered earlier releases. This time, however, how you play can actually affect the outcome, including which crime fighters (or criminals) will aid Spidey in the final stand. Such decision-making starts early, as amateur marketing directors can even log on to the official site and cast votes for which features they want the developers to reveal.

Posted

It looked like there were three Venom-like creatures crawling down from that building. Just thought I'd point that out. :unsure: So is it gonna be like Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction then except with temporary partners like Spiderman Friend or Foe?

Posted

It's the Symbiote invasion of Earth. The same race that spawned Venom, Carnage and Toxin. And heroes and Villians are unlockable much like FoF but with MANY more! It's gonna rock!!!!!!!!

Posted

I might actually get this =D

Is it for Wii?

Posted

I might actually get this =D

Is it for Wii?

It's for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP, Nintendo DS, Wii and PC. So anybody can play it! :D:D:D:biggrin::joy::biggrin::joy::biggrin::joy:

Posted

SHWEET! :joy:

There's a 30 % chance i might get it now :unsure:

Only thirty percent because i want an Ocarina of Time, and Star Wars: Force unleashed XD

Posted

This game actually looks worth it. Spider-Man 2 (Movie game) was pretty good for a little while, but got really boring afterwards.

This one actually shows some promise in it. What system is it for? PSP, I'm thinking, but I might get lucky. :P

Posted

This game actually looks worth it. Spider-Man 2 (Movie game) was pretty good for a little while, but got really boring afterwards.

This one actually shows some promise in it. What system is it for? PSP, I'm thinking, but I might get lucky. :P

'cough'

It's for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP, Nintendo DS, Wii and PC.

Quoted by DT :biggrin:

Posted

Yay I have the previous spider man games and this one looks awesome I will definitely get it.