Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What IS it with my school and disasters?!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

So yesterday was just a regular day at school. I am going to be on our school's production crew (the kids who do the morning announcements) so I went to the library and production room as usual. The only out-of-place thing that had happened that morning was that the high school across the street was getting their monthly bomb threat earlier than usual, before school even started. Normally they were in the late morning or afternoon. I was vaguely worried for some of my high school friends like Jeff, Laura, Brian, and Brianna, but I figured that they'd be alright, they're all smart people. The announcements went well, I didn't screw up the cameras, and so I went to class. Pre-algebra nearly put me to sleep as usual. Then for third period I went to P.E. I hate how they make us do P.E. in the mornings when everyone's slow and asleep. We went outside and played a hybrid game of tennis, baseball and kickball (the rules were like kickball, we played with a tennis racket and ball, and we hit the ball and ran like baseball) which was boring. Midway thorugh the game Ms. Keil ordered us all back inside or else we'd be suspended. Naturally, we all ran, thinking OMGIT'SABOMBTHREAT!!!

Everyone thinking that was dead-on, for that's exactly what it was.

After a while, maybe half an hour, of sitting in the gym, the principal's voice comes over the intercom.

"Attention students and staff, we have an emergency. At the sound of the bell, all SIXTH graders need to go to the FRONT of the building and across the street to the football stadium at the high school. Teachers need to help kids there. Have all students bring their belongings with them. I repeat, this is a serious emergency. Stay calm--"

I didn't hear the rest for the screaming.

Everyone was screaming and hyperventilating and panicking and "OHMYGODITISABOMBTHREAT!!!" and etc. The bell rang and hordes of sixth graders ran by, trying to be the first ones out and across the street. Then Mrs. Chinnis (the principal) said for the seventh graders to leave and everyone upped and ran. I had to hold Alisha's hand to not get lost. And we believe in the buddy system in times like those. We made it over to the stadium and teachers were tryhing to calm everyone and there was pandemonium in general. After around 75 minutes we were allowed to go back across the street to the middle school, and upon entering were told to go to our fifth period classes when the bell rang. Seventh grade eats lunch during sixth period, eighth in fourth, and sixth in fifth. Well, the sixth graders and eighth graders just ate together and took about an hour and a half. Seventh grade finally got to eat in seventh period. Most of the kids I know, including myself, were about to faint. Between the heat, panic, worry, and hunger, it was easy. I think I ate faster than I have ever eaten in my entire life that day. But seriously, all disasters have to happen in fifth period, pushing back the seventh graders for lunch. The tornado gave us exactly ten minutes to eat lunch. The fire drill (false alarm, but unplanned) gave us fifteen. And now we were held back and given seventeen minutes to eat. My school is insane. The one thing I'm looking forward to in the eighth grade is earlier lunch times. That's it. I mean, it was CRAZY! :wacko:

I think my school hates seventh graders. I really do. :unsure: And I think it hates me especially, because I was the one person who didn't have enough money to buy a full lunch and could only get a side dish. And the day before I had put twenty dollars into my account. So that means either someone bought a whole load of extras ($1 each) or multiple people are using my account. :angry:

...Just had to get that out there.

Posted

BOMB SCARE? Harsh. Maybe an annoyed 7th Grader.

I was in Islington, London a couple of weeks ago to go film a gig. What happens as soon as we get the the venue? Bomb scare. Loads of Police everywhere keeping people behind the tape lines. I got one of the cameras ready to roll in case the proverbial hit the fan so to speak. Could have sold the footage to the BBC I suppose.

Posted

BOMB SCARE? Harsh. Maybe an annoyed 7th Grader.

I was in Islington, London a couple of weeks ago to go film a gig. What happens as soon as we get the the venue? Bomb scare. Loads of Police everywhere keeping people behind the tape lines. I got one of the cameras ready to roll in case the proverbial hit the fan so to speak. Could have sold the footage to the BBC I suppose.

You should have. There was a good tenner in that film.

Posted

man i would be scared at s**t is that happens cus we're in australia and that never happens

Posted

man i would be scared at s**t is that happens cus we're in australia and that never happens

We do get bombscares. everyone does. I was at school one day & we had a bomb scare. However we dont get any natural disasters.. except for like, droughts.

Posted

Lets see, what happened during my school career.

Some girls were smoking in the bathroom and stuffed the butts in a hole in the wall and a fire broke out. Some moron brought a mercury thermometer and dropped it and caused a mild EPA emergency. Multiple bomb scares, local prison break sent the place into lock down, severe thunderstorm and damaging hail, day wide power blackout, "Gun" found in a locker (I say "Gun" because it was one that shoots paint balls), Car accident on the street caused the tobacco farm near the school to burn. And that was just highschool.

A few things stick in my mind from Jr. High. Bat's in the computer lab, Coyote in the kitchen, (you see the middle school was bordered by a woods in the back), gas leak in science lab.

And Elementry School, rainy day recess "Panic" caused by a game of Bloody Mary gone wrong!

Posted

Oh stop whining my school blew up.

Posted

Oh stop whining my school blew up.

????????????? Really