Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Washington DC trip!

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On June 5th 2008 I will be going from LAX to Washington DC on the most awesome field trip EVER.

THE WASHINGTON DC TRIP!!!! WOOOO! It cost over $2000 to pay for it but I'm able to go!!! We're going to stay 5 days there while hitting all the places in DC and Philadelphia. The third night I'm gonna be eating steak on a riverboat going up the Potomac river. AWESOME!!!!

It's gonna be soooooooo fun. And a few of my friends are going!!! so I won't be alone!

I can't wait!!!! I'll post pics after I go!

We're going to all the monuments in DC, The Smithsonian Institute, maybe a tour of the White House, Gettysburg, Mt. Vernon, Philadelphia, and the US Money mint in DC!! I'm so excited!!! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Edited by Odin (see edit history)

Posted

DC is awesome! You'll LOVE it! It's so nice!

Posted

DC was fun. Except it was really cold. I had this thickass Pineapple Connection jacket and my lovely scarf on, and chicks in butt shorts and tanks and shirtless guys were jogging around the Washington Momument in 40o (4.5o) weather. That's seriously the coldest I've ever been in.

Posted

DC was fun. Except it was really cold. I had this thickass Pineapple Connection jacket and my lovely scarf on, and chicks in butt shorts and tanks and shirtless guys were jogging around the Washington Momument in 40o (4.5o) weather. That's seriously the coldest I've ever been in.

You would love Nevada. We basically have two seasons. Winter and summer. During winter and most through spring, the temperatures drop into the negatives at night. :P 40 degrees is the normal high in Nevada during spring.

I'm going to DC next year on spring break! :D Are you going using the World Strides program?

Posted

You would love Nevada. We basically have two seasons. Winter and summer. During winter and most through spring, the temperatures drop into the negatives at night. :P 40 degrees is the normal high in Nevada during spring.

No, because I've been to Nevada. California is much more comfortable. Our temperature is consistent all year (70/21o), and we almost never go above the 90s/30s unless wind from the desert blows in (which itself is pretty infrequent).

weather.jpg

And plus, we have the coast. I would never survive in a landlocked state.

Posted

I'm going to DC next year on spring break! :D Are you going using the World Strides program?

Actually there were two tours one of them had all my friends and the teachers I know. So I chose that one.

The one I'm going on is New Century Tours. The Other one was World Strides.

Posted (edited)

trips i've been on with my school:

lightwater valley

lonsleddale

Paris

Moselle valley, Germany

Anglesey.

upcoming trips with my school:

London 08

Cairo, Egypt

Edited by Lightly Dark Garo Master (see edit history)

Posted

Cool, I wish I could see the stuff in Europe, Africa, Asia, Everywhere else. They're a lot older countries than the U.S, a billion times more history. :D

But D.C is still cool. I heard that a few of the places were going to are haunted! Personally, I would go to th east coast just for all the haunted places.

Posted

Cool, I wish I could see the stuff in Europe, Africa, Asia, Everywhere else. They're a lot older countries than the U.S, a billion times more history. :D

But D.C is still cool. I heard that a few of the places were going to are haunted! Personally, I would go to th east coast just for all the haunted places.

Lol, yeah. A lot of places on our side of the country are haunted.

Posted

im going to dc the 23 of this monthit it till memorial day and it costed $310