Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (SPOILORS!)

10 posts in this topic

Posted

OMG! That was one awsome movies. It was definitly worth getting up at Midnight and watching! My favorite part is the first chase scene in the warehouse; when the commies crash through one of the stacks of crates, you get a glimpse of the Lost Ark from Raiders'.

ohhhh, god! the ending scene with the saucer was awsome!

I loved how they filmed the grave yard flyover using a miniture rather then CGI

What was your favorite scene?

Posted (edited)

Hey! C'mon, I don't mind the Admin. moving my topics,(In fact, i thank them for it, I used to be one on another site and know how tedious it is to keep a forum in balance) but could you at least say where they were moved to? Thanks.

This topic has been moved to Entertainment Zone

Edited by The Midna Project (see edit history)

Posted

Quite honestly, I was a bit disappointed. It doesn't live up to the excitement and quality of the original trilogy, of which I have have very fond memories. Although admittedly this may have raised my expectations of the film too much.

The first or so was wicked, it was very exciting. The warehouse, the nuclear bomb!!! (I thought Indy had wandered into Edward Scissorhands), the cafe fight and the motorcycle chase had me on the edge of my seat.

But the crystal skull was a strange McGuffin. I can buy the ark of the covenant, shankara stones and the holy grail; they are prevelent in culture and are familar things. But mystical interdimentional beings with a spaceship?!! I'm sorry, but it does not belong in the Indy universe. Too many sidekicks as well, Ray Winstone and John Hurt and Karen Allen were not all needed. Too many characters!

Althought, that said, it was still enjoyable. Just a bit of a let down.

That said, Harrison Ford is still gorgeous.

Posted

it was a sick movie but the alien thing which i knew was in there ROSWELL DUH lol but the flying saucer was just tooo much but other than that sick movie

Posted

What do you mean "sick"? It was great!

The ants eating that guy was just... Eww.

But what AarghZombies said about the aliens is right. It didn't really belong. Oh well, I still think it's great!

Posted

Your penguin pal seen it a few days ago. Very well made, I think. Almost as if no time passed between this and The Last Crusade.

Posted

that movie kicked some serious ass!

Posted

I was discussing it with my nephews dad who said and I quote. "Aliens, that's completly unbelievable!" and i offered a quick retort "oh and the holy Arc, Magic stones and an immortality granting goblet ARE believable?" It's a great movie the only minor qualm was his marriage to Marion Ravenwood at the end but this is an older more grounded Indy, Can't wait to see what happens next. Maybe they'll explain how Indy lost his eye( see Young Indiana Jones Chronicles).

Posted

It was an Indy movie which made it hard for me not to like, but when I saw Aargh's post I saw what she meant. Also I'm on of those people who sees the work put in to old movies, they didn't have any thing like CGI to help them, and for a comparrison I'd rather pick a Disney classic then a Disney Pixar film any day.