Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DS used as portable McDonald's menu in Japan

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo Japan and McDonald's is partnering up to use the Nintendo DS' Wi-Fi functionality at the restaurant chain's locations all over the Tokyo area.

------

[center][img]http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/05/dsmickd.jpg[/img][/center]

Until June 28th, Japanese Nintendo DS owners will be able to log on to McDonald's' free Wi-Fi network and find and download what's on the menu, with a full data table of each item's nutritional facts, which is only available at the twenty-one McDonald's locations across Tokyo. This is part of McDonald's Japan's marketing campaign, and Nintendo's partnership with NTT, Japan's largest telecommunications company.

This is currently yet another Japan-exclusive usage of the DS.

Source: [url="http://kotaku.com/5011083/nintendo-invades-japanese-mcdonalds-with-wifine"]Kotaku[/url]

Posted

oooo...fancy.

Posted

These DS partnerships are a conspiracy I tell you....Soon Nintendo will partner up with so many major companies that they will TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!! :evil:

Either that or the DS will become so extremely popular that Nintendo will have enormous amouts of success...once this comes to North America that is.

Posted

awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! Zzz .......i'm too lazy to go, i wish i had that....

Posted

[quote name='Jared!' post='147702' date='May 27 2008, 03:58 PM']the DS will become so extremely popular that Nintendo will have enormous amouts of success.[/quote]
I believe that's already happened. :P

Posted

He, he.....

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='147704' date='May 27 2008, 06:05 PM']I believe that's already happened. :P[/quote]

I mean more successful than they already are.