Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm Somewhat Torn...

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, so let's start at the beginning.

About a year or two ago, I was in a Marching band. I played Clarinet, everything was good, fine and dandy as always. There was this guy who also played clarinet who had been in the band a year before I became a member of the band. Over the months, we became friends.

I was unsure if I liked him or not.

Anyways, I also met a friend (a girl) in my band, and we became really good friends. I spent about 2 - 3 years at the band. Fun times, all around.

Sooner or later, on my last year, I was ready to move up to the huge band. The big marching band (everyone might choose to move up once they turn 13.) So... I tried it out. My friend (who was the girl) also joined up with me. It was pretty hard work (the songs weren't so bad, but marching for 3 hours straight in the blistering heat gets to you after awhile lol.) The guy I thought I liked who played Clarinet was going to move up soon as well, 4 months later I believe.

After a little while, I really couldn't take the marching, so I left the band and focussed on my schoolwork. My friend (girl) calls me up every so often though, so we keep in touch. :)

My Dilemma?

Well... it started when I was out of the band, I heard that the guy I liked moved up, and he was staying. Good, maybe I can still keep in touch with him, I thought. I didn't go to the band, but I could always ask my other friend to see if I could get his phone number.

Turns out I was insanely shy. :embarrassed:

So, I went on with my life, silently wondering if I should join the band or not. Through the course of the year, my other friend called me often, we had nice chats, but...

she liked him. A lot. And she said that she thought he liked her as well.

Me? I'd never seen anything develop between those two, so it didn't bother me. Much.

Just today, she called me on her cellphone and we chatted. She said that she had his phone number and was scared to call him.

I'M TORN. >_<

Anyways, so she's having a birthday party soon, which I'm invited too.

Thing is, the guy's coming too. I'm obviously going to be happy to see him (hey, he's a fellow clarinet player and a good friend) but I wonder if I'll be too shy... or maybe my other friend will swarm around him. See, I'm pretty sure I like him, but then my friend likes him, and friendships are never good to lose over boys.

Then again, she's had like 6 boyfriends before her.

Me?

Natta. Zilch. Bubcus.

*sigh* :cry:

/ENDRANT

Posted

Wow... :huh:

That's messed up.

I really dunno what to say.

Posted

WOW...... Nothing to say but it is suspnsed wen ur like halfway throught it but then we find the thruth xD i feel bad for u oh well wat could i do? 0_0

Posted

I do have something to say.

First of all, this guy has never made contact with you after you left the band, so... maybe he doesn't really see you as something else?

You and your friend can't fight for this guy, because in the end is his choice if he wants to have a girlfriend and if he likes you or your friend. Don't stress, really.

If you really like this guy, just check how he acts with you and with your friend, if nothing happens well, then there's no problem.

Relax... that's all I can say :D And tell us how it went!

Posted

Yeah, well thanks for replying, guys, even if you had nothing to say.

I went to the party last night. Basically, I think I still like him, and we talked a bit, everything went well. Some of the group wanted to play, 'Seven minutes in heaven' (if anyone doesn't know what that is, it's basically a game where you blindfold a guy and a girl, put them in a closet or a dark place, let them kiss each other for a little while, then they remove their blindfolds), except in this case it was 3 seconds lol. I was like, 'Whoa, okay I'm not doing this. I'll get my first kiss when I'm in a stable relationship.' Plus, the guy I liked at the party wasn't participating, so I just hung out and talked. I think we'll just be friends, and... I'm alright with that. After seeing a couple girls get kissed in the game (people were crowding around the people who were kissing), I realized that it was a bit early to get into a relationship, and I guess I wasn't ready. But hey, the party was fun, I got to meet a lot of new people as well as get reunited with my old friends I haven't seen for about a year and a half. :)

Posted

Those are great news!

I'm glad everything went okay :D

Posted

All I have to say is that: Relationships are a lot of work, and I think you should enjoy life before settling down and getting serious. If your friend likes him, just see how things go between the two. Tell her that you like him as well, it won't be that terrible, and might even turn into a friendly competition between the two of you.

Posted

Yeah, well thanks for replying, guys, even if you had nothing to say.

I went to the party last night. Basically, I think I still like him, and we talked a bit, everything went well. Some of the group wanted to play, 'Seven minutes in heaven' (if anyone doesn't know what that is, it's basically a game where you blindfold a guy and a girl, put them in a closet or a dark place, let them kiss each other for a little while, then they remove their blindfolds), except in this case it was 3 seconds lol. I was like, 'Whoa, okay I'm not doing this. I'll get my first kiss when I'm in a stable relationship.' Plus, the guy I liked at the party wasn't participating, so I just hung out and talked. I think we'll just be friends, and... I'm alright with that. After seeing a couple girls get kissed in the game (people were crowding around the people who were kissing), I realized that it was a bit early to get into a relationship, and I guess I wasn't ready. But hey, the party was fun, I got to meet a lot of new people as well as get reunited with my old friends I haven't seen for about a year and a half. :)

It doesn't have to be kissing. I've never played that. (1. Never had a party, 2. never been to a party with enough guys and girls and that the adults weren't exactly in charge...)

I'm glad you've sorted that out, though. :biggrin:

Posted

Congrats! :thumbup:

Posted

Yay! :joy: Maybe I'll spare your life when I take over, okay? ;)