Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii Fit Girl has "nothing to do" with Nintendo

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Upon the surfacing of a video on YouTube of a girl playing [i]Wii Fit[/i] in just a T-shirt and underwear, many speculated that it was viral marketing for the game on Nintendo's part. Nintendo begs to differ.

------

[center][/center]

The video, "Why every guy should buy their girlfriend [i]Wii Fit[/i]," (embedded above) shows Lauren Bernat playing the hula hoop exercise in a T-shirt and panties. Since it was uploaded to YouTube on May 25, the video has been watched 2.6 million times. The video was captured by her boyfriend, Giovanny Gutierrez, on his cell phone. She said that she, like Nintendo, was unaware of the video's existence until notified about it.

Nintendo denied any relations to Gutierrez and the video. The company stated that "This has, and is, absolutely 100 percent, nothing to do with Nintendo...Nintendo did not create it and was not aware of it until it was brought it to our attention."

In turn, Gutierrez stated no relation to the company and denied using the video clip for viral marketing. "My girlfriend loves [i]Wii Fit[/i] and looks hot doing it," he said.

Bernat, dubbed the "[i]Wii Fit[/i] Girl" over the Internet, said she initially was upset with Gutierrez, but has since then gotten over it. She even said she would have made herself look more attractive had she known she was being filmed.

Source: [url="http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9967017-1.html"]Cnet[/url]

Posted

O_O ooooohhhhhh....... Cool XP

Lol if nintendo did come up with it and are lieing.. I say Good Job!

Posted

I would love if Nintendo endorsed this video.

I can see it now!

"Wii Fit!

You'll become a really hot nerdy chick using it!!"

and we all know nerds are...pretty.

Posted

[quote name='Odin' post='150670' date='Jun 13 2008, 05:27 PM']I would love if Nintendo endorsed this video.

I can see it now!

"Wii Fit!

You'll become a really hot nerdy chick using it!!"

and we all know nerds are...pretty.[/quote]

[b]I [/b]endorse this video. :wacko:

Posted

Hmm ;D yum? :P

Posted

Approved by SK

*sarcastically* yea, Nintendo had nothing to do with it...as beck once said-"dont believe everything that you breathe, you get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve."

Posted

Well, she's not very good at it. . . :unsure:

Posted

[quote name='Soi Karuna' post='150726' date='Jun 13 2008, 07:12 PM']Approved by SK

*sarcastically* yea, Nintendo had nothing to do with it...dont believe everything that you hear[/quote]

And you think they did?

Posted

you really must have nothing else to do

Posted

[quote name='That's Mama Luigi' post='150740' date='Jun 13 2008, 03:18 PM']And you think they did?[/quote]
you never know...

and bleach is awesome...im a fan of uryu

Posted

wow that was awkward watching.... XD