Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Uncertain Infatuation -A Proceeding

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I'd like to dedicate this story to Vivi, who is unfortunately prejudice against fish and giants and tall people.

Carl sat on the dock that overlooked Great Bay and watched the settling sun, feeling strangely alone. He listened to the sea that he'd protected for ages -ever since him and his brothers went their separate ways, to be precise.

Tonight, the coast was completely empty. Any creature who could travel was in Clock Town for the Carnival of Time enjoying the fireworks and festivities. Even the shy imp that befriended Carl and his brothers so many ages ago was enjoying himself amongst the people that he nearly killed.

Termina was finally at rest after three days of disaster, yet Carl dreaded returning to the ocean to slumber watchfully once again. His friends had likely already returned to their respective temples in the other three corners of Termina.

The seagulls bickered at one another as the first stars began piecing their way through the sheet of darkness that was now blanketing the bay. Carl took a moment to marvel at the moonless night, wondering if it would remain like this for the rest of Termina's days. He folded in his large orange legs desperately delaying his return to the western temple, sighing loudly.

~OOTFGXG~ ~OOTFGXG~ ~OOTFGXG~ ~OOTFGXG~ ~OOTFGXG~ ~OOTFGXG~

As Carl waded through the deep water off the coast he thought about his old friend Skullkid.

After awhile Carl recognized a massive figure floating slowly from the Great bay Temple towards him. As he got closer, the dark figure became more and more visible; soon Carl realized that it was a wounded creature. The giant flung himself into the ocean and began pushing his lanky body through the resistant water. In no time at all, Carl had swam to the monster's location -miles away. Before him was the very demon that Majora's soul had summoned to seal him away. None the less Carl wrapped his hand around Gyorg, the gargantuan masked fish, and rushed it to a nearby eddy close to the Zora Hall. The fish was bleeding heavily and its raspy uneven breathing suggested the worst. Carl beckoned help with his deep godly voice but found that he was completely alone. All of the bay's creatures were at the festival.

Carl scooped Gyorg into his muscular arms and carried him to Termina field. . .

Eventually they reached a small pond near the Southern Swamp. Carl feared too much for Gyorg's wounds to carry the beast any farther without water. While Gyorg floated wearily in the small spring which barely concealed his large body, the giant sprinted to the hag's potion shop praying that they too were not at the festival.

Carl plowed through the exotic trees and eventually reached the peculiarly-shaped building, only to meet with the disappointment of the witches' absence. Carl desperately lifted the two large jars emanating purple streams of fog from in front of the building hoping that they weren't solely for decoration and rushed back to Gyorg carefully keeping the liquid from spilling over the pot's edges.

To his relief Gyorg was still breathing, though his pond was nearly overflowing with his own thick blood. The giant soothed the fish's wounds with the purple liquid and to his further relief, it seemed to be working.

Gyorg managed to bark a feeble "T-thank-y-you" before passing out.

When the fish awakened he was resting in a pair of humongous arms -which were surprisingly comfortable- and staring into a devilishly handsome smile sort of like cobras wearing spiked collars.

"You're finally awake," remarked Carl, "I'm glad."

"Are you the one that saved me?" Asked Gyorg.

Carl's orange cheeks turned even more vibrant as he blushed and ignored his new friend's question, "If we hurry, we can still make it to the carnival. I've always been afraid that I'd stand out too much alone, but maybe if we go together. . .?"

Gyorg felt his fishy face-skin grow hot. "Sure."

"I'll be right back then. . ."

The giant returned in a white collared shirt and baggy pants. "Are you ready, Gyorg?"

In his dazed day-dreaming state -about the gaint, no doubt-, Gyorg hadn't remembered that his mask was lost out at sea, "N-no. I can't. What will people think without my mask? I'm so, I'm so ugly. I hate my face."

"Don't worry," replied the giant seductively, "I've got an extra mask."

The giant reached into his bag and pulled out a skull mask barely big enough to fit a human.

"What the hell is this?" Blurted Gyorg.

"I snatched it from the mask salesman before we left town this morning. Just wear it."

To his discontent, Gyorg hung the mask which was way too small, off one of his gills. The giant wore a mask which simply rested atop his head looking more like a comically tiny hat than a disguise.

After of evening of stumbling clumsily through the crowded streets of Clock Town and a bit of difficulty at the shooting range, Gyorg and the giant settled into the roof of the Stock pot Inn, snacking on Jewish Apples. Carl caved a nice patch in and filled it with water for his fish friend, as the pool leaked unintentionally on a frolicking child below.

"This night is almost perfect," muttered Carl.

"Almost?" asked Gyorg.

"Well. You just remind me of him so much, its so distracting," Carl looked away. "I don't want it to be like this, its just so hard.

"Who is he?" Gyorg felt suddenly ashamed that he actually was falling in love with the giant.

"Sigh. A few years ago Simon -Ikana's giant- and I decided to take a vacation to Hyrule. We were relaxing by the Zora River when I saw a more beautiful face than I could ever imagine. There he was, just sitting there; selling beans. When we started dating, I didn't know how bad his addiction actually was. All day he would eat beans. When I mentioned that perhaps he had a problem, he hit me. I spent all of my rupees on magic beans, feeding his addiction so that he wouldn't become angry and abusive. When he had his fix, he was so different; so peaceful and he had the most angelic face. It was like he was a different person and I couldn't stop caring for him. When I was out of money, he left me. " Gyorg didn't quite know what to say. He gulped, hoping the giant didn't notice. "Simon and I returned to Termina and a few weeks later I found out that the bean seller had followed us. He hid out below the Deku Palace and wouldn't stop calling me. Despite everything we'd been through, I couldn't stop longing to go back to him. I guess I-"

Gyorg leaned forward and began and pressed his parting lips against Carl's, mid-sentence. To his satisfaction the giant kissed back- and oh, how he kissed!

"I think I'm falling in love with you," muttered Gyorg. . .

"Don't worry. I'll catch you." Carl winked.

"I told you, Simon; we're not hanging out with Carl tonight."

"Eww. . . but they're. . . guys. . . and they're more than 6-feet tall"

"SHUT UP! You're being close-minded, *Cough* VIVI! *Cough* Anyway, you gotta admit, it's pretty cute. . ."

------

THE END!!~

*Baloons!*

See what you make me do, Vivi.

Posted

I AM NOT CLOSE-MINDED!

I just can't write it! XDD; I usually LIKE what I write, so I can't write it if I'm unable to like it. It's not like I HATE it...

Yourip-offartist.

Stealin' mah plots. -shoops you-

But...

This was cute. I think.

<3 Nice... job.

Posted

I AM NOT CLOSE-MINDED!

I just can't write it! XDD; I usually LIKE what I write, so I can't write it if I'm unable to like it. It's not like I HATE it...

Yourip-offartist.

Stealin' mah plots. -shoops you-

But...

This was cute. I think.

<3 Nice... job.

So you don't like fish?! :ohmygod:

Well, I think that this was much more adorable than a puppet and a kid. At least Carl and Gyorg aren't underage! :biggrin:

Posted

bm idgeriob DON'T MAKE ME HURT YOU. >/ / /<

Here, I'll even five-triforce it so it gets more attention than my stuff. -/ / /-;; Happy? Besides, it deserves it. It really is well-written, even if it isn't something I'd like.

Posted

^_^ Thanks Vivi. I'll 5-Triforce you too if I didn't already. But I pretty much just wrote this for you. Even if its something that you don't like.

Posted

B'aww.. you're...

Sweet.

Strange, but... sweet.

Posted

We're the only ones that have commented here. Bah, oh well. Only people that read your story would understand mine, anyway.