Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo says Wii DVD is on hold

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo has stated that development for a DVD-compatible Wii is currently on hold.

------

Nintendo's planned [url="http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4105"]model upgrade on the Wii, which is to be DVD-compatible[/url], Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stated concerning the current situation of the Wii, "With supply constraints continuing worldwide, the priority is on the current model."

Wii DVD was speculated to release sometime last year to early this year at the latest, and was vaguely hinted at in various press statements.

Posted

Cool!
Now the lens will not get dirty when we run a DVD via Homebrew :D xD
(even we can run DVD's via a SD card xD on Wii :) I don't think Ninty go do that upgrade included ;) )
If you can upgrade... I won't do that... I will take all my money to buy a new one xD (mod chip and such...) Always wanned a 2nd wii for orginal + new lens :P and I wanned a DVD player a original one... xD

But it seems.... it is old...
Ninty sure will do it now once 0_o

Posted

Cool. Maybe the Wii will be able to play DVDs by the time i actually get around to buying one!

Posted

i hope they make an extension to the earlier wiis for the DVDs. i dont wanna buy another wii just to play dvds