Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Prologue: A secret History

Before life began, before the world had form. Three goddesses descended upon the chaos that was and using their amazing abilities transformed the land into a place that could sustain life. They created Hyrule, our world. There task complete they left for the heavens. As a relic of their departure they left a holy object, three golden triangles each imbune with a different holy soul, the raw force of POWER, the heavenly WISDOM, and the boundless COURAGE. The young beings that walked the land quarreled over this energy for eons until it was decided that it should be hidden away, and it has. To this day it's location has remaned a closely guarded secret only known to the Sheka, the kings loyal guards.

Chapter One: Liars and betrayal

She pushed her horse harder than she ever had before. Just a few short hours ago she was sitting comfortable after a long labor, now she was running for her life, her newborn son clutched tightly to her breast. The sky was dark and moonless, the only light she could see as the faint candlelight from nearby farmhouses and of course the torches of her persuers. She need not look back for she could sense them. She looked down into the deep blue eyes of her baby and smiled. "Do not worry my love, by the goddesses they will never harm you!"

"Where did she go, Azerella must not escape, her and the child are all that remain they must be killed!" The lead persuer ordered of his men. "Lord Ganondorf, the traitors tracks lead to the farm." Ganon turned to his tracker. "Well instead of informing me, maybe it would be a better use of your talents to FIND THEM Rolo!" Rolo the tracker gathered his men and made a quick haste. "With the sheka gone, the secret will be mine, and mine alone!" Ganon smirked.

Azerella clutched the small backage close to her chest as she made her way on foot through the small village. Try as she might the thick mud made a stealthy retreat difficult. "Azerella, Traitor to the crown, this is Rolo. Show yourself now and no harm will befall you!" "No harm, what of Kelvin, my husband Rolo, he gave himself to you quietly and how did you respond, you murdered him!" Rolo was taken aback by her accusation. "I had no hand in your betrotheds murder, his execution was carried out by order of the king." "Why Rolo, we Sheka have been nothng if not loyal to the entire royal family!" Azerella appared, her torn dress covered in the nutrient rich farm soil. "Aye but that changed when you and your ilk sought to overthrow the king!" Ganon said, having heard the entire conversation. "What did you do to the king Ganondorf, what hex or phantasm did you inflict on him that made him believe your lies. Azerella crept closer to the edge of Zora river, the once calm river was rushing, a byproduct of the torrential rain of the past few days. "Not one step more fiend, I will toss myself into the sapphire oblivion of the river and take my progeny with me!" "You wound me Azerella, I do not wish for you to take your sons life, I shall do that for you!" Ganon drew his sword and drove it deep into her and the small parcel she as carrying. "Good bye Azerella, good by Link, the last of the sheka die with you." Azerela's limp body tumbled off the bank and into the green-blue foam of the watery oblivion. Her small parcel drifted from her hands, the swadiling cloth pulled open revealing the limp body of a newborn lamb.

Posted

Dun-nun-nun-nuun!

This is really good. Interesting!

Posted

Chapter Two: Of Families and Madness

The sun peeked over the distant mountains, seeing the light a cuckoo hastened the arrival of daylight. Marta the farmers wife stirred in bed and found that she was alone. "Johnn, where are you?" she asked. She staggered to her feet and made her way to the window. "Johnn, what's wrong?" she asked him. "Johnn was down below examining the numerious animal tracks in the soft mudlike soil. "There appears to have been a struggle here Marta, but i'm at a loss as to why!" Johnn shook is uead in confusion. "Never mind, you go back to bed I'll look in on the lambs." "Nonsence Johnn, i'm awake. Expect a hearty breakfast!" Marta said with a smile. Johnn made his way to the barn and opened the heavy door. He noticed that the dirt floor was also trampled, judging by the spacing of the tracks, the person who made them was in a panic. It was then that Johnn heard a noise, which was quite common in the barn, but this noise was very different than normal barn sounds. It sounded almost human. Johnn walked over to a large hay bale that had been cut open it's hay laid out almost like a mattress, that's when he saw him.

Ganon walked into the Temple, his spurrs clanking on the intricate cobblestone. "Is it finished Master?" asked Agahnim his loyal servent. "Yes Agahnim, the Sheka are all but extinct, all that remains in my bid to assend is behind that door!" Ganon squinted studying the intricate carvings in the large marble door. "I can feel it Agahnim, the power calling to me, it is my destiny!" Ganon touched the door and lifted with all of his might, his magiks aided him as streams of dark purple energy erupted from every pore. The large stone slab lifted and dissapeared into an alcove above him. "At last, my years of suffering under the thumb of that oafish lout the King, I Ganondorf leader of the Gerudo will take my rightful place as king!" Ganon walked into the holy inner chamber and approached the gleaming gold artifact the Triforce. "I wish to rule!" he whispered as he touched it. The Triforce began to glow even brighter, bathing the area in golden light. a glowing mark appeared on Ganon's hand, but to his horror only one third was glowing. "What is this madness?" he shouted. Agahnim stumbled over and looked at Ganons palm, reading his lines. "In your haste master you wished for the power to conqure and that is what was granted to you, POWER." Ganon clenched his fist squeezing Agahnims hands. "What of the other two Agahnim, what of WISDOM and COURAGE?" Agahnim struggled to free himself from Ganon's grasp and did. "I assume that they are residing in others, much like POWER now resides in you." Ganon smiled. "I have POWER and with it at my command, I can finally rid myself of the king!" Agahnim made a paniced whimper. "What now fool?" Ganon asked. "I'm afraid that without WISDOM and COURAGE, POWER cannot be accessed!" Agahnim flinched expecting retrobution for his words. "I will my missing pieces, no matter how long it takes!"

Johnn stepped into the kitchen, Marta heard him enter and smiled, her back to him. "Ahhh you smelled the bacon, good sit down and i'll give you some." Marta turned and saw Johnn standing clutching something in his coat. "Johnn what's wrong?" She asked him. "I was in the barn, tending to the animals when I saw...I saw...." Johnn placed his coat gently on the table and moved it aside. "It's a boy Marta, the Goddesses have heard our prayers and blessed us with a son!" Johnn handed Marta a small charm. "This wad hanging around his neck." Marta took the charm, it was made of black onyx and carved with four symbols. "L-I-N-K?" Marta looked down at the baby and smiled. "Welcome to our family Link."

The palace was writh with a flurry of activity, servents, Squires and guards were rushing all over. The king paced back and forth outside his chamber as screans of birth roared within, then all at once they were silent, replaced with a new cry, the cry of new life. The doctor came out and smiled at him. The king, Dophines entered and saw his queen Marlena sitting comfortably in bed a baby in her arms. "Say hello to your daughter Dophines." Dophines looked into her beautiful lavender eyes. "Welcome home my dear Princess Zelda."

Posted

Chapter 3: A life lived and plots realised

Ganondorf Dragmire's childhood was anything but easy. His father Carandorf was the king of the Gerudo a band of thieves who were at war with the Royal family. But Carandorf tired of war and sought peace. So he sent his young son Ganondorf to Hyrule as per old Gerudo tradition. With the treaty signed The Gerudo and Hylians were at peace and Ganondorf stayed on to be an ambassitor. When he first arrived in Hyrule he realised that this land was much different than the land of his birth, in the deserts the sun and sand ruled the land during the day but at night the wind ruled, and it ruled with an iron fist. The wind carried with it only one thing, death. But in the lush green fields and crystal blue waters of Hyrule the wind was cool and calm. He was simply amazed by the wind, but everywhere he looked nobody noticed the wind, they saw it as a minor annoyance like a bug buzzing by ones head. It was at that moment that he realised just how foolish the people of Hyrule were.

He spent the next years of his life as his fathers ambassitor to Hyrule. The mask he wore in public hid the face he wore in private. He took on a position as apprentice to the royal librarian under the pretence of learning about his new home. he would stay for hours reading every scroll, every parchment he could find until he came upon a secret truth. The true origins of the land of Hyrule. The more he read the more he became enraged, the goddeses descended upon a land in chaos and created a paradise for the Hylians, but why were the Gerudo made to suffer the harshness of a desert existance. Ganon also learned to harness his natural magical talents, abilities that were passed down through generations. The tricks were mostly used for defence and worthless in a fight. Creating energy balls that could momentarially blind opponents, the ability to move objects with the mind and creating shadow duplicates were a common gift of the royal family. But to realise his dream of domination he would need something else...power.

Ganon grew into a man and had assended through the ranks and became one of the kings top advisors. He thought his day would never come until certian signs began to present themselves, signs that were prophecied to happen by a seer ages before. "And I saw a vision of a time to come, a time when fire would fall from the sky like rain, and the great volcano would quake and the final herald would be the birth of the new heir.

"When news spread of the pregnancy of the Queen, I knew it was my chance Agahnim!" Ganon said smiling. "I must find the other pieces of the Triforce, I cannot let all my hard work be for not!"