Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This has been bothering me.

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Besides the name, what is the real differnce between Link's Awakening, and Link's Awakening DX? I looked on the internet, and they don't tell me. Can someone tell me?

Posted (edited)

DX actually has color AND you can use camera in DX.

Also there is a secret dungeon in DX and not in regular :unsure:

(though people are probably going to say things differently then i just did. :( )

Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted

DX version

In 1998, Nintendo needed a killer application to launch its new Game Boy Color, so it re-released Link's Awakening as The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Tezuka returned to the project as supervisor, along with Yoshinori Tutiyama as director.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX features numerous advancements, and new gameplay elements. Like Super Mario Bros. Deluxe and other "deluxe" games, the most noticeable addition is that the game is fully colorized. The game also introduces an entirely new color dungeon, with unique enemies and bosses. The instructions for reaching the dungeon can be found after reading a book in the library. By correctly moving the gravestones in the cemetery, the entrance to the dungeon is opened.After solving the puzzles and beating the dungeon's bosses, the player is rewarded with a choice between a red or a blue tunic, which offer a boost in offensive power or resistance to damage, respectively. To change tunics, the player only needs to return the dungeon once more. The DX version also features the ability to take photos. After the player has visited the camera shop, the cameraman will appear in different places around the island. A total of twelve photos can be taken, and they can be viewed at the shop, or printed using the Game Boy Printer accessory.

There ya go.

Posted

Thanks guys I got a Gameboy at a yardsale to day for 5 dollars and I wanted Link's Awakening, and was looking it up and saw one had DX on it. I love my new Gameboy, and I'll look for a copy of LA DX at a yardsale.