Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Eurgh...

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Weeeeeeeeeell, there's this girl in my class that I REALLY like, and I really want to ask her out, but the problem is, I've known most of her friends since first grade, and they are basically the perfect example of preps. They are total and utter b*****s. If I asked this girl out and got rejected, I WOULD NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT. It would ruin the next four years of my life. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Posted

No Arcane around, but i'll try. If you really like her you should go for it, and not worry about rejection because it's part of life, and everyone gets rejected once. That was my problem untill I asked out the first girl I liked out, and, like your problem, her friends were preps. I though that I wouldn't hear the end of it, but it passed after a week.

I don't know if that will help, but I'll put in a better way.

If you like her, go for it, and don't worry about rejection. I know i'm no Arcane, but I still tried.

Posted

First, ask yourself if you even care what other people or her friends might think. Are you looking to date her or her friends? If you get rejected, you'll live, but if you don't ask, then you'll never know. If you're really worried about one rejection ruining the next four years of your life, then you may want to rethink dating period, because you'll more than likely be rejected and reject others numerous times. Also, if you do end up dating, it's very unlikely that you'll be together for even a year or two. School relationships aren't solid, nor are they serious (except in rare cases). If and when you break up, is that going to ruin your next four years of life?

If you end up going out with this girl, it's more than likely going to be a temporary thing, and that's what you have to take into consideration. If being with this girl for [xx] years/months/weeks/days is worth it, then go for it. You're going to encounter this situation many times over the years, so now's the time to basically grow a pair and get some experience in the field of dating and relationships.

Hope that helps. :)