Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iwata's apology to the core gamer

9 posts in this topic

Posted

In light of the critical, almost scathing remarks concerning Nintendo's decision to go casual--yet again--at their E3 media briefing last Tuesday, the company's global president Satoru Iwata issued an apology of sorts to their hardcore gamers.

------

"If there is any perception that Nintendo is ignoring the core gamers, it's a misunderstanding and we really want to get rid of that misunderstanding by any means," said Iwata. "We are sorry about [the E3] media briefings, specifically for those who were expecting to see Nintendo show something about [i]Super Mario[/i] or [i]Legend of Zelda[/i]."

"However, the fact of the matter is the so-called 'big titles' need a long, long development period," he added. "We really didn't think this year's E3 media briefing was the time to do so."

Posted

I understand wanting to keep things under wrapps for a while but here was Nintendo's big chance (second if you ask me) and yet the hardcore gammers get the ole "he hoe". It is as if Nintendo is saying to us, "ok you hardcore gamers sit tight while we sell our products to the casual gamer because that is where the money is at right now". Well I know this is a business but don't forget who your true core gamers are Nintendo. Enough is enough already. We have all been down this road before. I am planning on going to the Tokyo Game Show this October and I hope we get more then E3. I am wanting to get my fingers (or ears) on information about the next Zelda game. The REAL Wii zelda game and not just some ported over game from the Gamecube.

Much darkness to you all.

Posted

[quote name='GanonLives' post='156575' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:19 PM']I understand wanting to keep things under wrapps for a while but here was Nintendo's big chance (second if you ask me) and yet the hardcore gammers get the ole "he hoe". It is as if Nintendo is saying to us, "ok you hardcore gamers sit tight while we sell our products to the casual gamer because that is where the money is at right now". Well I know this is a business but don't forget who your true core gamers are Nintendo. Enough is enough already. We have all been down this road before. I am planning on going to the Tokyo Game Show this October and I hope we get more then E3. I am wanting to get my fingers (or ears) on information about the next Zelda game. The REAL Wii zelda game and not just some ported over game from the Gamecube.

Much darkness to you all.[/quote]
[i]Mario[/i] or [i]Zelda[/i] games take much longer to develop than we want them to. Iwata even said two or three years, and that's probably at the very least. [i]Galaxy[/i] came out last year, and [i]Twilight Princess[/i] in 2006; I didn't actually anticipate them to show us anything at E3 because it was way too soon.
[i]
Ocarina of Time[/i] was in development for almost five years, most of which was spent trying to move the series from 2D to 3D, make use of the Nintendo 64's then-unfamiliar hardware, and a controller that offered more possibilities than the Super Nintendo's. [i]Zelda[/i] Wii is more or less in the same situation. Nintendo's working with different and more advanced hardware, an entirely different control scheme with numerous possibilities, and the development teams are trying to develop new ideas to keep the series fresh. I don't think we'll be hearing or seeing anything monumental until mid-next year at the earliest.

Posted

The thing is, hardcore gamers are breathing down the development team's necks.
So if the core gamers don't hear anything about core games, they start blaming the Dev Team.
They keep yelling at the Dev Team to make the games as fast as possible, but to also make it an excellent game.
They have to take care of 2 types of gamers.
It is better to have a Excellent Quality, not-rushed game, then a horrible quality, sloppy game! (obviously)

Core gamers just need to sit tight and be patient.
Do they know what Nintendo has to go through daily?
Do they know what Nintendo has to do to make these games SPECIFICALLY?

They have to go through with lawsuits, trying to beat the other companies, and catering to the whims of the core gamers.
They are stressed out for Pete's sake.
So core gamers, SIT DOWN! PLAY WHAT GAMES YOU HAVE! AND WAIT FOR A SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME GAME!

Posted

Apology accepted ninty xD

---
But please make some core games not just for old people :o xD
---
And I not mean wii fit... wii fit is good xD
---
But...
Bushing found a leak in the IOS of the Wii to let play pirate games on the Wii WITHOUT mod chip
He send nintendo mails, briefs...
I think he final got nintendo to response...
If bushing and nintendo working together to fix it even when bushing not helping on it...
They should peach the homebrew dudes... not delete TP hack or any custom channels...
---
Or even better... help us out xD give more sources.... lol

Posted

I understand that it must be difficult to satisfy both casual and hardcore gamers. Nintendo's goal is to bring in more people while keeping their core players.

Can't please everyone, that's for sure.

Here's to hoping the new Zelda will be groundbreaking and awesome!

Posted

Well, as long as the next Zelda won't end up like TP did, I'll wait.

Posted

This still doesn't explain why they had someone like Cammy lead the conference. Her association with Nintendo is like a slap in the face.

Posted

[quote name='Goron Merchant' post='156628' date='Jul 23 2008, 05:00 AM']This still doesn't explain why they had someone like Cammy lead the conference. Her association with Nintendo is like a slap in the face.[/quote]

XD

where's my +1 funny when I need it?