Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WW/Toon Link

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I've tried to be kind about, but I snapped in Links voice actors. I'm here to say WW/Toon Link is not, will not, and never will be any thing close to a Young Link. For instance, Young Link is 10, and WW/Toon Link is 12, or if you beat WW he's tecnicly 13

because you don't start out in your green tunic, you start out in your Pajama's, and it said that you can only wear he can only wear the tunic on his 12th birthday.

Yup I put it in a spoiler so don't read unless you've beaten WW.

Posted

What? No one ever said Young Link was Wind Waker Link. It's just a character, goodness.

Posted

Last I checked, most people consider twelve young and as a kid too. The point is that no matter how you look at it, he's still Link, and he's definitely one of the younger versions of him. And I would say he's definitely one of the best of them just because of the full range of expressions he shows (he's my personal number two favorite, next to Twilight Princess Link, who I'd say is the oldest Link so far).

And what you put in spoilers made absolutely no sense to me.

Posted

Last I checked, most people consider twelve young and as a kid too. The point is that no matter how you look at it, he's still Link, and he's definitely one of the younger versions of him. And I would say he's definitely one of the best of them just because of the full range of expressions he shows (he's my personal number two favorite, next to Twilight Princess Link, who I'd say is the oldest Link so far).

And what you put in spoilers made absolutely no sense to me.

Yes he i twelve, and young, but Young Link WW Link are differnt by age.

What I put in the spoiler was that when you beat the game it's kinda like he's thirteen because his grandma said when your of age, 12, you can wear the tunic, but he doesn't have it when you do it a second time.

Posted

By the time WW/Toon Link exists, Young Link will be on rotting old skeleton over 100 years old. What's the point in comparing them?

WW/Toon Link is in his youth, so that technically makes him young. This logic is undeniable, don't try arguing with it, you will lose.

Posted

It actually never specifies the age of the hero in TWW.

And when you go through a second time he is in his pajamas because he wears them under the Hero's Tunic. The Hero's Tunic is made of an invisible patern only visible to those with a pure heart (or something) in the second quest, so you're just seeing his pajamas underneath the tunic. In fact, after you kill Ganondorf the tunic is visible in the last cutscene.

Posted (edited)

Okay, YLA... um, there has never been anything written here on God's green earth that says that WW/Toon Link is supposed to be Young Link.

Its a new Link in pretty much every game (save for like, PH.)

And you're trying to prove YL is more awesome, right? Then what in the heck does age have to do with anything!? Are you saying that Age 10 is young, and age 12 isn't!? o_0

I like both characters, YL and WW Link, but YLA, WW Link is a different character. Sure, they're both young, and Link, but holy mackinaw its like you're saying that if the next few Zelda games had all new Links that were young but looked entirely different, they'd be copies of Young OoT Link, which is ridiculous (and therefore, you'd dislike them.)

Unless you're basing this argument on cel-chading, which, again, I'm still unclear as to why you hate it so much. :huh:

I have nothing against you, and I thank you for being quiet, but since I'm your friend, I'm telling you to let it go!

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

It actually never specifies the age of the hero in TWW.

And when you go through a second time he is in his pajamas because he wears them under the Hero's Tunic. The Hero's Tunic is made of an invisible patern only visible to those with a pure heart (or something) in the second quest, so you're just seeing his pajamas underneath the tunic. In fact, after you kill Ganondorf the tunic is visible in the last cutscene.

I thought it said his age at the begining.

Also I'm sorry everyone. I kinda just randomly blew up for no reason I guess, but I he is young, but he is still not Young Link. :( Again I'm sorry.

Posted

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a cel-shading bias...

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a cel-shading bias...

Sahaqiel

Nope. The cel-shading gives me massive headaches.

Posted

Nope. The cel-shading gives me massive headaches.

Thats why? Huh.

Does it happen with all cel-shaded games, and only them?

Posted

He's said it gives him headaches a lot...

We understand your point, but did you really need a topic?

Want this locked now, YLA?

Posted (edited)

Guess I must've missed those, then. :embarrassed: I don't go on as often as I used to.

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

We understand your point, but did you really need a topic?

Want this locked now, YLA?

No I guess it wasn't. I made it because I would look like an idiot yelling at my computer.

You can lock this now.