Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Divorces

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Ruining the children?

Posted

Yeah. I'm lucky, my parents are still together.

most of my friends parents are divorced.

Posted

Ruining the children?

Ruining me.

Posted

Ruining me.

my parents are also divorced. Maybe that's why i'm so puppyed up.

Posted

My parents divorced when I was like two. I don't really remember, because around the time my memories started working fully I started living with guardians assigned by the court. I remember pretty far back, though...

I never really particularly cared, because knowing them, my life would be a lot more irritating if they were together.

So I suppose divorce is necessary sometimes? I dunno.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well yeah. And I support them in most cases. I know my parents have the right to live their own lifes too.

Posted

Divorces usually don't do much for the children...usually makes their lives a bit harder. My parent's nearly got divorced 3 years ago over some arguement, but ended up staying together.

Posted

My parents are still together thankfully, as are a lot of my other friends'. A few of their parents are divorced, but luckily they're still on good enough terms with each other.

I only know of one of my friends' parents whose divorce resulted in a lot of bitterness, and she's rather emotionally vulnerable because of it. Relationships kind of scare her (most likely because of her parents' bad break up), and she's been in quite a few unhappy ones herself.

My older cousin (27, I think) came out of a divorce a few months ago. She took custody of both their kids (5 and 2).

On my stance on divorces, the best thing to do is to keep the children (if any) in full consideration. After all, that's how the court is going to rule over them.

Posted (edited)

I dislike the idea of divorce.

Sure, I suppose sometimes it's necessary, but a lot of the time children are never taken into consideration. If you're going to screw up your own life, go right ahead - but for God's sake, don't screw up the kids.

A fair amount of the time, divorce occurs due to an affair in the relationship. Affairs occur when the original relationship starts to fall apart.

Why won't the people use the effort made to create the relationship with "the other woman/man" to fix up their first relationship?

Edited by Jikklop R. H. Byrne (see edit history)

Posted

I dislike the idea of divorce.

Sure, I suppose sometimes it's necessary, but a lot of the time children are never taken into consideration. If you're going to screw up your own life, go right ahead - but for God's sake, don't screw up the kids.

A fair amount of the time, divorce occurs due to an affair in the relationship. Affairs occur when the original relationship starts to fall apart.

Why won't the people use the effort made to create the relationship with "the other woman/man" to fix up their first relationship?

I guess sometimes it just won't work.

Posted

My friend's parents are divorced, but it didn't mess him up. He lives with his granny and aunty, he hates his mum though. His dad is a fisherman and is always out at sea. His mum used to see him on weekends but then she decided that if she couldn't see him all the time she wouldn't see them at all.

B***h.

Posted

My friend's parents are divorced, but it didn't mess him up. He lives with his granny and aunty, he hates his mum though. His dad is a fisherman and is always out at sea. His mum used to see him on weekends but then she decided that if she couldn't see him all the time she wouldn't see them at all.

B***h.

yeah that sucks...

I live with my father, but I see my mom all the time.

Posted

the top two reasons for divorce are trust (or lack of) and money.

divorces can screw up the kids but they don't have to. One of my best friends has never even met his father and he's doing fine.

Posted

Most of my friends' parents are divorced. They've all been affected in some way. Rick's parents are divorced, but he's overall okay, but very bitter towards his dad, who has custody of him. Sam's parents are divorced, and she's very shy and afraid of even "liking" someone. Angel's(Zelda's) parents are divorced, and she's afraid of getting too attached to people.

I hope I'd never have to get a divorce, that if my marriage had problems, we could work it out, but sometimes it's just too big of a problem. My first concern would be about the children, if we had any. It tore me up when my mom was hinting to me about divorce, but they've worked whatever problem it was out.

Posted

Daughter of a divorced couple here.

My dad did some... rather bad things while I was a baby. Nothing like cheating on mom, but taking drugs and all. Apparently, there were other things, but mom won't tell me. -shrugs-

Personally, I dislike my father for that reason. He was given a choice: Me, or the drugs.

Was I really that bad of a baby? :P

I still see him every Saturday, and he's trying to bond with me and all. But he's also trying to get me into religion, and he smokes a lot, even though I ask him to stop smoking..

Cool thing is, he likes Zelda. Though he falls asleep when we play Zelda anyway..

Oh yeah. And he introduced me to Batman. ikvgnefiohgob WEEEEE. -shot-

But I feel no regret in saying I don't love my father like a daughter probably should.

I love him like I would a friend, but not like a family. -shrugs- I just... can't.

So my outlook on divorce is just... if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. We all make mistakes, and marriage can be one, too; sadly.

It's weird.

All of my friends parents are fine together, but I'm the only one... and I'm the only one without any direct siblings o lol.