23 posts in this topic

Posted

....um, sorry, but are you saying i'm a hypocrite or being hypocritical?

I'd like to know where you got that idea...

Posted

....um, sorry, but are you saying i'm a hypocrite or being hypocritical?

I'd like to know where you got that idea...

He uses the mastersword to pwn the evil's bane, so he can save zelda and hyrule. So it is relevant.

Posted

ok yeah that's fair enough, and maybe I shouldn't have said that Link having the Master Sword doesn't have anything to do with him saving Zelda... because in actuality it has LOTS to do with saving Zelda...

I was just saying that in terms of necessity of the Master Sword (if you look at LttP), he doesn't know from the get-go that he'll need the Master Sword to save her; he settles with the sword his uncle gives him b4 he dies of his wounds to go save Zelda. Technically, he saved her without the Master Sword too, since he got her out of the castle dungeon with nothing but a Lantern, a shield and a sword :)

If I remember this correctly, it wasn't until Link talked to Sahrahsalah(?) that he started getting hints and directions to find the pendants to obtain the weapon he needed to rid Hyrule of Agahnim's terror...

There. I hope that sounds better that what I'd previously stated...

Posted

This is probably way out there...perhaps all people of the Hylian race have some small amount of magical ability? Like the High Elves of Middle Earth? I mean...how else does the Mailman run so fast...? :unsure:

Posted

Actually, you're right. In Link to the Past, one of the Sages tells Link that all Hylians have limited magic ability. However, this magic power had mostly died out in Link's day and age.

Posted

Actually, you're right. In Link to the Past, one of the Sages tells Link that all Hylians have limited magic ability. However, this magic power had mostly died out in Link's day and age.

I had no idea. :huh: I've never finished my game of LTTP...shame on me.

That's really cool.

Posted

It comes down to the fact that magic isn't everything. As has been mentioned, the magic power does not come from the triforce. Ganondorf's power is stronger than Zelda's, Zelda has some magic but it's not enough and also not the right type to fend of Ganondorf. Link fights mostly with a sword and other items, which means he overcomes Ganondorf in different ways.

The sword can also be used to deflect ganondorf's magic, which explains the tennis matches.

Posted

i do understand all of this, and thats why i started this topic, but it just bugs me to know end when i dont know something, and what i was getting at is even thought ganondorf has gerudo magic, why dont the other gerudos? like in ocarina of time.

and if zeldas magic is defensive, and of wisdom, shouldnt she have seen all of the trouble for link coming and just went to get the master sword for link before he actually needed it?

i guess what im really trying to say is...WTF????

zeldas an idiot and continues to get captured yet weilds the triforce of wisdom, ganondorf is all powerfull but can do nothing but get defeated over and over again, and links got courage yet he has obsesive complusive disorder when it comes to collecting items.

it seems to me that the triforce chooses people that are the exact opposite of what they represent.