Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First Advice Piece

2 posts in this topic

Posted

You like someone but dont know how to go about it, theres a new person in class but you dont know anything about them, or your friends with a person that recently, you've began having feelings for.... the starter stories can go on on end, but its the end result that you wish to have, and in your favor. How does one achieve such an accomplishment, you may ask... its really not as hard as you think.

First off i will say, that anyone has the potential of sweeping that someone on there mind, off their feet. However, you all must realize that just because you like someone, it doesnt mean that you will get that chance you want with them. Love, like life, is all

about chances. Its the ones you take that change the outcome, but it is rarely controlled.

this piece and future pieces are written in order to provide confidence. As well as to teach you some controls,so you dont make yourself look completely foolish. Any jerk can walk up to a female and use some cheesy pick up line, but what you need to understand is you need to take a much more subtile approach. Forget about what movies tell you, about relationships, sex, or the

opposite sex and just take a breath.

lets start off with the biggest 4 letter word in the english language... "love"

What is love? Love is often defined as some form of sacrifice, yet its tossed around like a rag doll. Love... love... sacrifice.... i would ask, "Would you put your life on the line for your BF/GF?" and naturally most of you would say yes, and without hesitation.. but lets break this down a little further...

would you be stripped down, beaten for hours, mocked and made fun of, before bleeding to death, in place of your other half? would you be willing drown or suffocate in place of the one you say you "love"? Would you starve for days, so he/she could eat?

I don't know if i could answer yes to that for most of my immediate family... so why do i find everyone, including myself tossing the word around so lightly? its because we have a trickled down thought of what it is, and for most of us, the first time we feel some sort of compassion we mistake it for being in love.

Now i realize in this day and age there are different levels of love or "tiers" and you may try to use them to justify you being able to say it. But, what are you implying when you say it?How does he/she take it, when you say it? Im going to place bets on the highest form.

Due to this watered down love, we subject ourselves to many things prematurely including sex, which can lead to control and fear... the list continues, but you get the picture. Yes sex is a great feeling... let me re-itterate.. sex is a wonderful feeling, but when your not ready for it, it can be very detrimental and have severe consequences and if thats the only thing that your in the relationship for, then you will get bored and move on quickly. a great deal of insecurities also come about; Jealousy ensues rather quickly, constant comparisons, the thought of pregnancy. Is that something you really, want to put someone that you love through, or better yet, yourself if your not ready? I hope not.

so advice tip #1... dont use the "L word" in the relationship to show what you feel for her/him, if you know thats not how either of you feel and dont pressure your other half into saying it either. Talk about it and tell that person how you feel on the situation. Respect will go through the roof and you will earn a crap ton of brownie points.

more post are sure to come, any and all are welcome to comment/debate things in a reasonable and civil mannor. we have young readers so please be mature when if you choose to talk about sex. i will also answer questions and PMs on here as long as they are once again mature, should i be able to. :embarrassed:

Posted

"Never give advice unless asked"

"Ask advice only of your equals"

That being said, good piece, If you have ever been in love, you don't even have to think about those questions. I would do anything for my fiancee, including those listed.

Also, for those looking for confidence in this world, read desiderata, a poem by max erham

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender,

be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly;

and listen to others,

even to the dull and the ignorant;

they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons;

they are vexatious to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain or bitter,

for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble;

it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs,

for the world is full of trickery.

But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;

many persons strive for high ideals,

and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love,

for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,

it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years,

gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,

be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations,

in the noisy confusion of life,

keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.