Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Project: Element

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Element.png

When this is finished, I will drop the "Project:" part of the title, so then this fanfiction will be titled simply "Element".

Anyhow, I've decided to dedicate myself to this fanfic for the moment. It's basically inspired by my roleplay, "Master the Elements". I'll try and write at every open possibility on the weekends, and a little after school every other day. Thank God, though, the Summer (or winter where most of you probably are) holidays are coming up, and I don't know about anyone else, but in Australia we get six weeks off school. So, what I'm aiming for is to write a story with 4 parts to it, 5 chapters per part, and I will try for about 2000 words for every chapter. I'm not going to add that up, because the prospect of seeing how much I'm aiming for will probably shake me from this confidence.

(This part is just a pilot to see if anyone wants me to continue. If people like it, I'll write more.)

PART 1

Prologue: Rise and Fall

The tall grass rustled as he stepped out onto the plateau. His mind was racing with the excitement that battle always brought him. Sword in hand, he truly seemed unstoppable, his eyes gleaming red in the moonlight. Red as the blood on his blade, red as the armour of his fallen enemies, red as the anger and power behind the wall of his conciousness. The land behind him was strewn with the corpses of his enemies, and in most places the earth was charred away to mere ash.

He looked gleefully at the army below him. This was what he enjoyed about war, the quiet before the storm. This would be something worth remembering. This would be a massacre!

Several hundred archers raised their bows, taking aim at him. Hold... And fire! Waves of arrows sped towards him, whistling in the cool, quiet night air. With a wave of his arm, the arrows exploded into flame, dissapating into a fine dust long before they found their target. He leapt forward off the small cliff, a jump that would normally kill a mortal man. He touched down lightly on the earth, dodging more speeding arrows and finally slamming into the wall of soldiers. The crimson armour of the men before him was rent away to nothing by his furious energy. Nothing could stop him.

Heads rolled away from their bodies. Limbs were torn apart. The screams of fallen warriors filled his ears. He never spared a thought for his adversaries, never thinking of the families they would see again, never thinking of their lonely wives and children, never sparing a life. For to fall into the dark abyss that was sorrow, was to become weak. And that was amongst the most important of all Fall laws;

Never thou shalt spare a life, never thou shalt spare a thought, never thou shalt fall to weakness...

No strangers life was important as his own, a lesson hard learned. If he faltered for one second during a fight, if he took one moment for mercy, he might never see another morning.

The full moon shone above the world, casting long and eerie shadows along the battlefield. Soon, soon, the war would be won, and he would be planting the heads of the dead onto stakes, warning all who rose against his people that nobody could stand above them, the Fall.

His sword spun with growing fury, killing swordsmen by the hundreds. And still they came. But no, he would not give up. He would die here, rather than give in to the Empire. In his past, he saw death. In his future, there was nothing. His arms grew weary, his weapon heavy. And still the men died, falling onto the long, dead grass. He summoned up all of his strength in one last, desperate attempt to give freedom to the Fall. The entire Empire's army was here, trying to kill him. But their attempts were futile. It seemed almost a quarter of the fifty thousand or so men were dead.

With his last surge of energy, he created a burst of thunder, fire, water and wind which tore through the many swordsmen, tearing them to pieces. Seeing the elemental energy would have been like watching a lion tear through an insect. The gigantic thrust destroyed everything around it. And as it subsided, so did his life.

Well, how do you like it so far? Should I continue? Post your thoughts!

Edited by CDC - US 447 (see edit history)

Posted

:{

Posted

:{

>:(

Posted

>:(

:)

Posted

:)

:huh:

Posted