Posted (edited)

Moonlight

Part 1: Dreaming Reality

Darkness...

Tor started in his sleep.

Shadows...

He twisted painfully in his bed.

Evil...

His dream was rapidly becoming a nightmare.

We will...

It was a dream of a happy life...

We will win...

Being swallowed up by darkness...

We will destroy...

And a strange being...

We will destroy you all...

A girl?

We will...

She was calling out to Tor...

We will...

Tor knew...

We will...

He knew she needed him.

You will...

He knew he had to find her.

You will die...

Before it was too late.

The night shall shine with your blood!

Tor awoke, sweating. He knew something was wrong... But what? He crawled to the end of his bed and sat there, cross-legged. He rubbed his temples, trying to remember why he had started like that. Then it came to him. The dream... What was that voice? Destroy us all... What's that supposed to mean? And the girl! She needs... Who is she...? Then he shrugged, and knowing that he wouldn't get anywhere thinking about it with a half-asleep brain, he put his head back on his pillow, and slept until sunrise.

Tor woke yet again, this time with a loud yawn. He slid his legs over the edge of his bed and sat there for a moment, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Then he stretched his arms above his head, and went to have breakfast.

Corn flakes. Again. Yuck, thought Tor, as he poured himself a bowl of cereal. He sat down and started chewing his food regretfully. He caught a glimpse of himself in his spoon, and saw his 16-year-old face staring back at him. I hardly even recognize myself anymore, he said to himself. His dark brown hair was everywhere, just like every other morning, his features seemed more rough and tanned, and his brown eyes were beginning to grow a certain depth to them. With another shrug, he started eating again, trying not to concentrate on the taste of the soggy, flavorless cereal.

‘Tor!’ The voice was his mothers, most likely wanting him to put his dirty clothes in the washing machine.

‘I haven’t gotten changed yet!’ Tor yelled back.

‘Well hurry up! I’m putting the washing on now!’

‘Okay!’ Anything to get rid of this breakfast, he thought, and after tipping the dregs down the sink, he went to get changed into his school uniform.

As Tor walked out the front door of his house, he noticed something different about the world around him. It seemed dark for a midsummer day, and all the plants were drooping, as if they had lost precious water. Something else Tor thought was strange was the fact that not a cat, a bird, not even an insect was to be seen. With this thought in his mind, he began walking up the driveway, beginning the short journey to school. If there was anything Tor could change, it would be his teachers. All of them seemed to drone on and on about how “Egyptians wrote with heiro-somethings and Romans had a king who was named after caesar salad and this and that and blah blah blah…” In Tor’s opinion, there was not a sane teacher on the entire planet. Then, as a noise made him jump, his mind shifted back to reality, and began focusing on things sub-consciously. The crunching of his shoes on the dry grass, the rustling of leaves in the warm breeze, the screech of birds… Birds? What birds? I can’t see any… he thought. And what kind of bird do I know that sounds like that? Then his question was answered, for the sky suddenly grew as dark as night, revealing the bright, white moon, and something terrifying flew out of the darkness.

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Oops, can someone delete this post?

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted

Fail.

Posted

Well, normally I'd go off ranting at you, but you're paddy. What can I do? *Shrugs*

Posted

Pretty good. It just gets to the conflict WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOO FASSSTTT.

Different strange things have to happen at, like, school, then home, and then maybe you can start something.

Posted (edited)

I love the plot in this story, but it DID come waay to early! I think you should start over and type the same thing as it was early in the story, then have some odd things happen to Tor. Like at school, the way his freinds would be acting, ect. But over all, I still liked it! ^_^

Edited by Issa Kazuma (see edit history)

Posted

YUS. Constructive critisism is da helpful wai.

I kinda forgot about this for a while. I was too busy playing games. And thinking of other hardly-conceivably random and pointless fanfics. I might start this over, but set it in Hyrule... A good old Zelda-esque story never hurt now, did it?

Posted

Screw you, child.

Posted

Screw you, child.

How does that relate to anything I just said?

Posted

RaNdOm is GooD.