Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Din, Farore, and Nayru in the Oracle games

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In the Oracle of Seasons and Ages there are 3 oracles. Din, Farore, and Nayru. Din is a dancer, Nayru is a singer, and not much is known about Farore. We all know of the 3 goddeses. They have the same names as these 3 oracles. But we do not know of their relations. My theory is that after creating the hyrule and sealing the Triforce in the sacred realm, the 3 goddesses took forms of these 3 oracles in order too make sure their land is protected. Din took the form of a dancer and protected the Seasons. Nayru became a singer and protected time and Farore took the form of a Guardian who protected the secrets of Hyrule. This, of course, assuming that Labyrnna and Holodrum are in Hyrule. Later, the 3 oracles make an appearence in the Mininsh Cap in an inn. Link must help the 3 sister's find houses. I believe that they come to Hyrule because Hyrule is threatened by the Sorcerer Vatti, and they wish to watch over Link and make sure he saves Hyrule (they each give him an item that helps him)

Also some random facts about the 3 oracles.

1. In many of the games , their are temples that represnt water (Blue, Nayru), fire (Red, Din), and forest or nature (Green, Farore)

2. In the games, link is usually wearing green. He also has the triforce of Courage which is Farore's section of the triforce. Green=Link's clothes=Farore=Triforce of Courage

3. In Super Smash Bros. Meele and Brawl, Zelda can use the powers of all 3 oracles. She can create a blue shield (Nayru's love) and break it, causing the shards to harm the enemy. She can shoot fire at people (Din's fire) and she can teleport (Farore's wind).

4. In some of the games there are blue, red, and green gel enemies.

5. In Wind Waker, Valoo is red, Jabun is blue, and the Great Deku tree is Green.

6. The goron's usually live in mountains or volcanos where the fire temple is, and they are powerful. The Kokiri are green, and corageous and curious. Zora's are blue, and are gentle and kind (in OoT)

Well, the theory may not make much sense in some areas. But the random facts do.

It's also possible, that the fact that Jabun, Valoo, and the Great Deku tree are the colors of the goddesses possibly has something to do with the evolution of the races. The 3 take the form of gods (or deities) and help the races adapt because they flooded the world, and feel as though it's their responsibility to help with the preservation of the life forms they created.

Thank you,

-A Happy Mask

Edited by A Happy Mask (see edit history)

Posted

These are referred to as incarnations. They are probably linked to the goddesses in some way, but otherwise, are not goddesses themselves. In fact, the trio in Minish Cap are said to have been descendants of a line of priestesses. (Oracles and priests are basically synonymous.)

Also, Super Smash Brothers is not canonical, as in, it doesn't have any official ties with the actual Zelda series.

The color classing of enemies is just a way to identify how strong they are.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

3 shouldn't matter, those games are part of a separate universe.

6 isn't a fact.

Your theory probably has some validity, but you are trying too hard to supply evidence. They're gods active in their creation's history -- is what I assume you mean? Then again, I don't recall the oracles ever making mention of goddesses, so I think its safe to say they only did so in times when the Hyruleans, Holodromans, and Labrynnains (not Hylians) had forgotten them, though perhaps they had less conspicuous incarnations in earlier times?

Edited by Sheogorath (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

3 shouldn't matter, those games are part of a separate universe.

6 isn't a fact.

Your theory probably has some validity, but you are trying too hard to supply evidence. They're gods active in their creation's history -- is what I assume you mean? Then again, I don't recall the oracles ever making mention of goddesses, so I think its safe to say they only did so in times when the Hyruleans, Holodromans, and Labrynnains (not Hylians) had forgotten them, though perhaps they had less conspicuous incarnations in earlier times?

Hmm....I suppose I am trying hard to supply evidence. Sorry about that.

Yes, the point I'm trying to get accross is that they are active in the history in the Universe of Zelda. But also, why they are active in the history.

It's also possible, this I forgot to put in my first post, that the fact that Jabun, Valoo, and the Great Deku tree are the colors of the goddesses possibly has something to do with the evolution of the races. The 3 help the races adapt because they flood the world, and feel as though it's their responsibility to help with the preservation of the life forms they created.

So yes, I believe they play a large role in the history of their creation.

I'm going to put that part about the preservation in my first post.

-A Happy Mask

Posted (edited)

Note that the thread title should be called "Din Farore and Nayru in the History of Hyrule (and other contries)