Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brothers in Arms:Hell's Highway

1 post in this topic

Posted

I downloaded the demo for it last night,and it's a really fun game.A nice change in gameplay.

Unlike Halo and Gears of War,this isn't an epic pwnfest.If you want it to be an epic pwnfest,then you will die several times before your brain kicks in and tells you to strategize.

You are Sargeant Baker.You can command squads and such.You have to use your team to turn the battle in your favor.For example,having your MG team suppress the Germans behind their sandbags while you go around to flank.You absolutely CAN NOT take on the German war machine on your own.YOU.WILL.DIE.You need your squad.You need strategy.That's what I really like about this game.You can't pwn everything.

This game has a nice blend of 1st person view and 3rd person view.When you're not behind cover,the game is in first person.When you're in cover,it's in third person.There is no blind-fire in this game.You have to actually see the enemy to shoot them.

I like the command system.It consists of the left trigger and D-pad.Pull the left trigger and a cursor appears.Point the cursor somewhere and your team moves to that position.It also automatically takes cover,which I really love.It means that your ally has intelligence and that you don't need to spoonfeed them all the way.You can point the cursor at an enemy and tell them to suppress them,or you can point it at enemy cover and tell them to get rid of it.In the demo,pressing down on the D-pad tells the team to regroup.I imagine that there'll be more to the D-pad further into the game.

The enemy AI is pretty good,but with a minor bug that I found.I came out of cover to shoot an enemy,and he just stood there.He could've easilly shot and killed me.

All in all,it's a good game and I recommend that you check it out.