Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Hylian Savants

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I would like to form a small group of those members of Hyrule.net who are trying to better themselves and the world we live in through education, respect, tolerance, and mutual understanding.

This would be a group for all those who enjoy serious discussion, and understand basics of debate. I want it to be a group for constructive, non-circular, intelligent talk, on all sides. Anyone willing to learn and try to better the world, or just this site, through learning, research and understanding is welcome.

Maybe some sig artwork, or something can be thought up......or maybe this is just a horrible idea.

Posted

May I join?

Posted

May I join, also?

Posted

Yes, Claire and Specever, you may both join

Posted

I'll work on artwork, k?

Posted

That would be great, thanks.

Posted

WTF happened to my post?!?! And I'll also work on a signatur banner! (not in group)

Posted

I shall speak no more of this 'simple English'. This 'simple English' is bland and boring. We all should spice up our vocabulary! And, not forgetting, our grammar!

Posted

i shall forge a language of secret speak! (how's that for spicing up? sounds like something a dwarf or a elf would say in my LOTR rp....)
but for a price! you must forge a alliance with me and my army of minions!!! only then will i teach you the ways of the secret speak!

Posted

You killed it. It would've been fine without that text in the parenthesis.

Posted

[quote name='Sauron' post='195163' date='Jan 5 2009, 02:51 AM']WTF happened to my post?!?! And I'll also work on a signatur banner! (not in group)[/quote]

[quote name='Specever' post='195314' date='Jan 5 2009, 10:09 PM']I shall speak no more of this 'simple English'. This 'simple English' is bland and boring. We all should spice up our vocabulary! And, not forgetting, our grammar![/quote]

[quote name='Sauron' post='195378' date='Jan 6 2009, 02:03 AM']i shall forge a language of secret speak! (how's that for spicing up? sounds like something a dwarf or a elf would say in my LOTR rp....)
but for a price! you must forge a alliance with me and my army of minions!!! only then will i teach you the ways of the secret speak![/quote]
You have totally missed the point.
The hylian savants aim to better themselves, through understanding and the sharing of knowledge, not be speaking like a dwarf.
"This would be a group for all those who enjoy serious discussion, and understand basics of debate."
Read it.
Read it again.
And again.
Understand?

Posted

Could I join?

Posted

May I as well?

I am new to debate as you may think of it, but I understand the logic of it all and wish to further my experience with the matter.