Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New! Karma & Stats have been added to the forums!

29 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Doubleagent' post='205876' date='Feb 24 2009, 11:15 PM']Today I gave karma to:

ADR-only [b]decent [/b]ACTIVE mod.
Eyeoftruth-sorry for calling him stupid
Dark Midna-for ruining Dark race rp

Tommorow-

Bathy-for generally being rude to him
?????
?????[/quote]
???

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='205993' date='Feb 25 2009, 06:46 AM']Remember though that the point of karma is to reward someone for doing something positively noteworthy. If you're just giving them to people you like, that defeats the whole purpose of having it at all and might as well just be removed.[/quote]

Agree. :iagree:
But if you really like users... you can give each other a +Karma...
Nothing wrong with that time by time I think?

[quote name='Claire' post='206017' date='Feb 25 2009, 09:32 AM']???[/quote]
:spam3:

Posted

[quote name='Adr990' post='206026' date='Feb 25 2009, 02:35 PM']:spam3:[/quote]
Go puppy yourself.

Posted

[quote name='Claire' post='206029' date='Feb 25 2009, 05:09 PM']Go fu[i][/i]ck yourself.[/quote]
Behold my friend.
Warned, no excuse.

Posted

No, I don't think Adr990.

I find your ideas too compromising.

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='205993' date='Feb 25 2009, 07:46 AM']Remember though that the point of karma is to reward someone for doing something positively noteworthy. If you're just giving them to people you like, that defeats the whole purpose of having it at all and might as well just be removed.[/quote]
That makes sense I guess. I'll continue to give some to people I like from time to time though. I'll be sure to look out for people doing something nice or generally being nice like Adr990.

Posted

I think it would be a good idea to be able to detract karma as well; the concept of karma isn't exactly always positive.
Sure, it may discourage others, but it may tell them they're doing something that upsets others and may make them try to correct themselves.
Unless they're trolls.

But anyway, zero to negative karma sounds realistic in addition to positive karma.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Maybe... But wouldn't that just encourage people to remove loads of karma from someone who doesn't deserve it? You'd have to monitor how much is being taken from particular people and that would require more staff. :[i][/i](

There's probably a simpler way though.

Posted

:cry: I am screwed yet again

Posted

The point of karma is to provide positive reinforcement. If you see people doing things you like, if someone helps you or others, if someone contributes a lot, stops fights, or does good, happy things, you can give them karma. With this we can reward good behavior rather than just punishing bad.

It's purpose is not popularity or a liking contest. Giving Karma should be the same as saying 'hey, I like what you did here. thank you and keep it up'.

You can view your Karma Activity in your [url="http://www.hyrule.net/mystuff/"]My Stuff[/url] page, including reasons for why you were sent Karma.

Posted

I have one karma point left. I'll make sure to give it to somebody who really deserves it rather than just anybody who makes me laugh. If I did that, SHAMDOGS would have gotten it.

Posted

KARMA KARMA KARMA KARMA KARMA COMMULEON!

It's a system of balance, much like communism.

Posted

I WANT KAMRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted

[quote name='Sahaclone' post='206478' date='Feb 28 2009, 08:07 AM']I WANT KAMRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[/quote]
You're a very bad Saha clone.
Chameleon