Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

10 Ridiculous Products

5 posts in this topic

Posted

The Market is rife with luxry items that nobody needs. It's funny how some of these things even made it past the marketing stages. This list shows us some flops from the past

10 Amstrad Mega PC

This tragic idea was launched by Amstrad in 1993, its aim was to create a freakish amalgamation of a Sega Genesis (MegaDrive elsewhere) and a ridiculously low powered PC all for the low low price of $900 - at the time a 486 would cost about $850 and Amstrad decided that a 386 would do the trick. As you can imagine it was a giant flop.

9 Capacitance Electronic Disc (CED)

]

While I do like the retroness of the CED, it was just a crazy idea - bear in mind the Laserdisc had launched 3 years prior. The idea was to use vinyl with a needle, a video record player if you will. Well this was their biggest issue really as we all know (or those of us old enough to own vinyl know) records wear out, with the CED this was reckoned to be 500 plays.

8 Smart (Car)

Somehow this one got past R&D and turned into a production car. I am not entirely sure what the concept behind this abomination was - maybe that they needed to design a car so utterly useless that people would prefer to either walk or use public transport. I guess that

Posted

LOL. These are awesome. Oh how I've missed your 10's lists....

Posted

Omg! I r like nt affkted by those mobile phns at all! Nd I hve txted vry mch!!!

Posted

10 Amstrad Mega PC

Yes, that is really stupid

9 Capacitance Electronic Disc (CED)

]

lol, that is pointless

8 Smart (Car)

what?! These things rule!

7 Camcorder

*COUGHCOUGHBLAIRWITCHPROJECTCOUGH*

6 Doggie Diapers

lol tru

5 1989 Pontiac Stinger

never heard of it.

4 The IBM 5100 Portable Computer

lol

3 Hypercolor (Clothing)

I lol'd

2 The cell phone (SMS to be more precise)

I'll flame you later.

1 Pork Brains

lol, I saw that on stumbleupon.

Posted

Home Videos aren't meant for entertainment, they are for recording precious memories solely for the owner of the camera and their loved ones, Savanti. Also, if you're worried about being embarrassed, that's not a good reason for them not to exist. Not all family memories are embarrassing.

Also, without the magic of the camcorder, would we have this?

No.

We wouldn't.