Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Teto Recoloured

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So far:

post-6545-1236535588_thumb.png

Sorting out the grain and outlines is sheer hell right now. Any tips on how I could do that or dispose of this abomination would be great.

Also, this is my first try so be as harsh as you like.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

Recolors are bad.

Try to create your own custom work of Teto.

It might turn out bad, but at least it's your own work.

Posted

But Bathy = Teto ! :wacky:

Posted (edited)

Recolors are bad.

Try to create your own custom work of Teto.

It might turn out bad, but at least it's your own work.

Yeah. But I'm terrible with colouring on Photoshop anyway so I'm just practising right now sort of.

I'm thinking of whether to draw Teto or The raven masked woman from Resident Evil 5.

It's not like I'm putting piles of effort into this though. I've only been working at it for about 45 mins or something.

I don't think it's a horrible first try anyway.

I'm almost finished now though. i just need to do the stripes on the leg and back and I'm done.

Edit: Meh. It's done enough.

post-6545-1236537702_thumb.png

Posted

But Bathy = Teto ! :wacky:

jesus puppy

srsly, i nearly spat out my joos

Posted

I still don't get what he meant by that. :/

Posted

Okay, I've looked over it and have some suggestions. First of all, there are three different browns: stripes/tail, ear points and that bit going down his face. Unless its supposed to be that way, I recommend changing it all to one brown. Next, the outline could be darker. Currently it looks like he jumped out of a cel-shaded game due to the lack of an outline and how his fur is all one color. you should also work on getting the brown to be the right shape. Other then that, it looks fine.

Posted

Okay, I've looked over it and have some suggestions. First of all, there are three different browns: stripes/tail, ear points and that bit going down his face. Unless its supposed to be that way, I recommend changing it all to one brown. Next, the outline could be darker. Currently it looks like he jumped out of a cel-shaded game due to the lack of an outline and how his fur is all one color. you should also work on getting the brown to be the right shape. Other then that, it looks fine.

I was simply working to the drawing and the Cel-shaded effect was what I was going for.

Teto.jpg

:/

Posted

Since when are you a fox-squirrel? O_o Did you descend from Laputa on a rainbow cloud of internet jelly?

Posted

Indeed.

And my username used to be Teto, remember? He's anime's greatest creation and has the saddest dead. :<

Grave of the Fireflies just can't compete in sadness.

Posted

Teto is from which one, now? Was he the swordsman from Nausicaa...? It's been a while since I watched it.

And I didn't shed a single tear during Grave of Fireflies, even though I was told I would cry.

Posted (edited)

I'm talking about Nausicaa, yes. Teto is da baby fox squirrel Nausicaa meets at the beginning of the first manga.

I didn't cry but was on the verge of doing do. Maybe it was the time of day. I watched it prtty late and that's when i get most emotional. AKA, best time for playing FEAR 2.

And if you're wondering why I'm saying he died when he didn't, he dies in the manga. Nausicaa wakes up and finds that he has died. He's a much better character in the manga. He helps out Nausicaa on several occasions and seems under appreciated in my eyes. The film was terrible if you watch it after trailing through...

#1: 130 pages

#2: 130 pages

#3: 150 pages

#4: 134 pages

#5: 151 pages

#6: 159 pages

#7: 223 pages

1077 pages of manga-like greatness. Teto dies on page 73 of the seventh manga. :<

The movie is inferior as the ending scene is also the last few pages of the second manga. How Hayao Miyazaki managed to ruin his own manga, I have no idea.