Stickiest Situation

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Any moment in the Zelda games where you failed at the last second?

I know one moment. I was in the most epic of boss battles, Ganon in Ocarina of Time. I had used up all my fairies, and being the seven year old I was, I had a hard time figuring out how to beat him. Down to half a heart, I managed to retrieve the master sword...Only to be slain right when I went back in. A crushing blow to the heart of a child, I swore I'd never play it again. After beating it 36 times...I laugh as I recall that time. It was terrible at the time, though.

Posted

I got killed by the running man when you give him the bunny hood. :cry: That wasn't sticky, but I learned you shouldn't do anything unless you have more than 5 hearts.

Then there was Dark Link. He killed me about 5 times until I used Dins Fire to kill him, but the worst was when he killed when I had my back turned.

Posted

I've come very close to winning the archery game in Phanton Hourglass only to fail more times than I can count. I gave up a few months ago and haven't played the game since.

Posted

In Twilight Princess, the battle against Ganondorf (last form)... I was dumb enough to not collect fairies before the fight... It was so hard!! I killed him with one third of a heart to spare! That was the first time I played through the game. God, I was happy after that. My sister and dad thought I'd gone insane :n_n::embarrassed:

Posted

haha ive had all these happen to me, but Being a long time gamer some my worst times were:

(not neccessarily so much in zelda but....) Completing 99% of a dungeon or quest and then dying, having to start all over cos you 'forgot' to save when you had the chance.

collecting a bunch of rare items only to be killed by some super boss you didnt expect again without saving. (FFX)

stumbling across boss battles completley unprepared for them (ie like facing ganon without faeries / potions & little health)

argh there is so many many more but I cant think of them.

Posted

The part in Majora's Mask where you're in the moon "playing" with the children and you have to Goron roll off chests.

Gosh, that annoyed me.

Because I didn't know you were supposed to bounce off the chests.

I just thought they were barriers so you didn't fall off.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Water Temple. Ocarina of Time.

It gets me every time. Considering I play it with years in between, I can never remember how to do it. I should just start using a guide.

Posted

I didn't fail at the last second, but I almost did with the first time I did the Sakon's Hideout thing to get the mask. I wanted to murder Sakon so bed it wasn't even funny.

I also almost died while fighting Gyorg. I had half a heart left, and then it was me or its babies. The babies where swarming closer, I was sinking to use my shield on Gyorg, but i didn't have hardly any magic left, but then i got within range, and the shield killed him. X3

Posted

You can kill Sakon. Shoot the bomb bag on his back and it will explode. I also hated Sakons hideout. I had to write down ever right step it did. I did the mission at 3 am. :(

Posted

I never had a problem with the Water Temple. >:(

Sahaqiel

Posted

I was in the MM water temple(forget what it's called). I had spent so much time on it. I thought that I was getting somewhere, that I was beating it.

Then my game froze. It just froze. I stared at the screen, unable to speak. It happened too fast.

Unexpected freezing is worse than an unexpected boss or a hard part in a game. It puts all your effort to waste AND you don't have a chance against it. You can at least FIGHT a boss.

I haven't played MM since then...

...I need to.

Posted

Here are some of my best moments brought on by the fact I was a noob back when I was 6-8:

-In Majora's Mask. The Goron Maze in the moon. I still hate that part. It's near impossible and takes hours to finnaly beat. Especially if you want that heart piece.

-In Oracle Of Ages, When you ride Moosh to get into the grave, I didnt' know you could tap the A button to keep him floating, so I never made it into the grave until 3 months later of playing.

-In Ocarina of Time when I first played when I was 7, I could not figure out how to get into Dodongo's cavern, and knew nothing of the lost woods. I spent many a great hours scanning hyrule for some kind of hint. Then one day accidently found sacred grove >.>

-In Link to the Past There is a part where you throw a rock at a bird in a tree to get a gold feather. Me being the 6 year old noob that I was, coudn't figure it out. I ended up getting the bow and arrow thinking you needed that >.>

Posted

Oh, forgot one thing...

Lakebed Temple in TP...

I never remember how to do it as fast as possible... I like wander arond for a loong time before I remember...

Posted

Ocarina of Time (GCN disc): Was playing my collector's edition of the Zelda games on the GCN and was in the Fire Temple. I was about... halfway through or so, maybe a little more... when I was going for the door in the area right above the boss door (where you have a long drop all the way back into that room). I had turned off teh fire, made it to the platform, went to jump.... and it frozed. I heard the disc in my GCN skipping, but I didn't open it in time.

Man, talked about ticked. Not as bad as when that happened repeatedly with Skies of Arcadia though...

Phantom Hourglass: First and second time against the Phantoms in Temple of the Ocean King. I was playing in class, so I had to made sure anyone who walked in didn't see my DS... Well, I stink at anything that involves stealth and avoiding the enemy... I got caught once, and nearly got caught several times... Talk about a killer hand cramp after those parts.

Also, in the Temple of Courage, those yellow things with the big ears that jump at you and take a lot of normal hits to kill... got killed by one of 'em and nearly did a second time. I HATE those things.

Posted

Ocarina of Time (GCN disc): Was playing my collector's edition of the Zelda games on the GCN and was in the Fire Temple. I was about... halfway through or so, maybe a little more... when I was going for the door in the area right above the boss door (where you have a long drop all the way back into that room). I had turned off teh fire, made it to the platform, went to jump.... and it frozed. I heard the disc in my GCN skipping, but I didn't open it in time.

Man, talked about ticked. Not as bad as when that happened repeatedly with Skies of Arcadia though...

Phantom Hourglass: First and second time against the Phantoms in Temple of the Ocean King. I was playing in class, so I had to made sure anyone who walked in didn't see my DS... Well, I stink at anything that involves stealth and avoiding the enemy... I got caught once, and nearly got caught several times... Talk about a killer hand cramp after those parts.

Also, in the Temple of Courage, those yellow things with the big ears that jump at you and take a lot of normal hits to kill... got killed by one of 'em and nearly did a second time. I HATE those things.

yellow things with big ears? do they jump a lot? Bombs kill those easily if I'm understanding what you're talking about.