Disappointments

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Majora's Mask.

Now, I played this game as late as last year, and I had heard sooo much about how amazing this game was. In truth, I was a little sceptical - it was like someone had sprinkled fairy dust on the game so to make everyone fall in love with it. So I borrowed it and played it.

Can't say I was nearly as impressed as I should have been, given all the praise.

The sidequests were fun, the NPCs were nice, the Stone Temple was a great dungeon, but it fell short. I didn't have near as much fun with this game as I did with the likes of Oracle of Ages and Phantom Hourglass. The last boss didn't have me on the edge of my seat like with Ocarina of Time.

What the game did do good, it did brilliantly. But it just didn't pull off enough for me to consider it the amazing ideal Zelda title it was given off to be.

Also, Ganondorf's role in TP.

Posted

What the heck? I know I don't have the attention span to read all that, and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with this topic. Unless I missed something though my skimming.

Posted

Wind Waker... The cell-shading is soo not LoZ!! So un Zelda-ish it can be!

Posted

I was disappointed by Phantom Hourglass. I never even beat it. It has pretty much the worst game design in history. Being forced to replay the same temple over and over is not cool, broski.

I was also disappointed with a lot of Twilight Princess. The atmosphere was terrible, the twilight shtick was also terrible, etc. It wasn't entirely bad, though. Worth a few play-through's anyway.

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't really call TP much of a disappointment. It entertained me AND brought things to the table like the Twilight Realm(which was pretty much already there from aLttP...), Midna and questions to theorize about. The Twilight Realm is a flexible thing that could be used in fan fictions and such(if I go through the all of the fan fictions on this site, I bet I'll find at least 5 with twilight in the title). It had an entertaining story, but brought very few new items or abilities. Two of the most badass fighting skills were already in WW as parry moves, and while the dual clawshots were cool, they were still just more of the same. I mean, all we really did with them was go from wall to wall. It would've been awesome to do something like using one of the clawshots to swing a boulder into a boss's face while you're suspended from the ceiling using your other clawshot. Epona was fun to ride around.

Some parts of the game were just EPIC, though. They gave you that awesome feeling that you're just a badass indestructible master of war, like the fight where you save Collin, or the final sword fight with Ganondorf.

Twilight Princess was fun to play, had an awesome epic feel, and had a nice story, but it was just more of the same.

And also, I say to the size of the Twilight Realm, WTF. I go through the game expecting a whole other Hyrule, reminiscent of the Dark Realm from aLttP, and all I get is the palace. Just one floating rock with a palace. Sucks to be the Twili, living on that one rock for all eternity.

Wind Waker... The cell-shading is soo not LoZ!! So un Zelda-ish it can be!

No offense to Solianna, but I've noticed that most people who don't like Wind Waker dislike it for this reason.

Let me just say that Wind Waker is VERY Zelda-ish, with it's temples, instrument, innovation, etc.

Sailing=win.

Graphics=win.

Master Sword=win.

Combat=EPIC win.

Story=Yet another EPIC win.

Sidequests=win.

Second playthrough=win.

Ganondorf=EPIC win.

Altogether=EPIC PWNAGE.

Excellent game. I hate how people overlook it because of the graphics.

Edited by HylianForrunner (see edit history)

Posted

Did you say the sailing was good? Really? How do you enjoy it? It was the most boring thing to ever wait for. :(

Master Sword is ok, but the Guilded Sword was always better. They should bring that back.

Side quests... I don't remember any of the side quests.

Second quest. You wear pajama's. Big deal.

Ganondorf was just plain stupid in that game. I mean he wasn't even doing anything until you get to the fortress. :( I mean he should have done something else. Like he should have ran around looking for Zeldda instead of the bird. The bird thing just sucked.

Game=Fail. No wait I take that back. It's not fail. It's trash.

Posted

Did you say the sailing was good? Really? How do you enjoy it? It was the most boring thing to ever wait for. :(

Master Sword is ok, but the Guilded Sword was always better. They should bring that back.

Side quests... I don't remember any of the side quests.

Second quest. You wear pajama's. Big deal.

Ganondorf was just plain stupid in that game. I mean he wasn't even doing anything until you get to the fortress. :( I mean he should have done something else. Like he should have ran around looking for Zeldda instead of the bird. The bird thing just sucked.

Game=Fail. No wait I take that back. It's not fail. It's trash.

The sailing gave you a way to explore the world, which was pretty big. You could have fun with sidequests of your own, just sailing around and exploring islands. The second playthrough gives you the sidequest where you take pictures of everything, which was fun to do. You then get to look at the figurines and read descriptions(which have things that I didn't know before), which is interesting.

...And how can you not like the deku leaf...

The bird was like a right hand man to WW Ganondorf. He's much more powerful than the bird, but is able to use the bird to get things done faster. It's not like the bird was more powerful. It's just that he used it. Ganondorf was more badass in this game than the rest. He had an awesome sword fight at the end, too.

...Which TP copied. The Ganon/Ganondorf fight in TP is pretty much a copy of the WW fight, only they threw puppet Zelda and the horseback fight in there.

Posted

Hmm... I've actually never been disappointed by any Zelda game...

Well, yeah, Phantom Hourglass is, in my opinion, not really as epic as the other games and sailing there isn't as much fun as it's in Wind Waker... but I actually never expected PH to be better than WW, so I'm not disappointed.

Posted

Thte biggest disappoint me for me was Nintendo not releasing this Zelda game. Intsead, we got Twilight Princess, which was a let down. The game shown seemed much more awesome that what we got instead.

-x-

Totally agree. I was surprised at the difference between the game and the trailer. :P Those monsters in the video /own/.

Posted

Are there any Zelda games you were disappointed with? Many believe Twilight Princess to be the biggest disappointment, while others believe it was Zelda II.

What game were you disappointed with and why?

Majoras Mask:

~ Most of the music wasn't good.

~ Everytime you beat the boss and when you reset the game or when the time runs out, you have to beat the bosses again! But unleast you don't have to go through the dugeon and redo everything you did there.