Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Happy Saint Patrick's Day

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Irish_Link.jpg

Posted

You too! :D Nice picture. What's Link holding?

Posted

Happy Saint Patrick's day

It's been St Patrick's day for the last 12 hours here in Australia.

Posted

You too! :D Nice picture. What's Link holding?

It's a Shillelagh, used in the Irish martial art Bataireacht.

Posted

Yes. Happy Saint Patrick's day, everyone!

Anyone besides me and maybe Savanti Romero here have Irish heritage?

Posted (edited)

I do, my family left Ireland in 1786 and came to the United States. Some distant cousins still live there, we E-mail sometimes.

Edited by Savanti Romero (see edit history)

Posted

I'm wearing green and wearing my elf ears.....I don't feel very good, though. :( Blah.

Posted

I do! I don't know much though. :(

Any way I'm wore a light green Jimmy Buffet shirt.

Posted

You too man nice pic by the way. :D

Posted

It's a Shillelagh, used in the Irish martial art Bataireacht.

Yeah, a martial art mainly practised in America nowadays as you all seem to think acting like you're everybody else is cool.

Anyway, yeah, happy St. Patrick's day. A day for Ireland as opposed to anywhere else which is funny as all of you seem to be enjoying it over there in America. I assume you're all of Irish descent? Anyway, I'm done being arrogant for today, I'm just in that kind of mood in which I feel like speaking my mind and making long posts every post for no other reason except that I can. I'm looking forward to Easter though, you know, a real holiday, unlike St. Patrick's day which is really just a day with a special name that means nothing because it has nothing to do with Jesus or the Pilgrims, who are, as we know, the greatest beings ever to grace this fine earth.

Posted (edited)

St. Patrick's Day celebrations in the United States are mostly pointless. It's mostly just an excuse to look tacky and drink beer.

I come from Irish descent, and my grandmother has papers and all kinds of geneology stuff to prove it, so that is really what I celebrate. I celebrate my bloodline, and the country that I hope to visit as soon as possible. And I wouldn't really call what I do 'celebrating'. I wear green, true, but half of my wardrobe is green anyway. It's my favorite color. I just wear more of it than usual. I also put on green eyeshadow, and today I wore my elf ears. Signifying the traditional Irish belief of the Good People (a.k.a Faeries), which I share.

Also, some friends of mine had an open house for a coffee shop they are opening, called the Celtic Cup. Now, how could I go to a place called the Celtic Cup on St. Patrick's Day and not flaunt my Celticness?

Anyway. That was my day.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

I've got a lot of Irish blood, but I believe I'm more Scottish. (And possibly English? I'm not sure.)

Nonetheless, I'm dominately descended from the British Isles.

---

Gael: That's awesome. Celts rule! :)

---

That reminds me...

Do people pronounced "Celtic" like "Kel-tick" or "Sell-tick"? I believe it's supposed to be pronounced the first way, but lots of peope say it like it has an S. It kind of bugs me...

Posted

St. Patrick's Day celebrations in the United States are mostly pointless. It's mostly just an excuse to look tacky and drink beer.

Oh well, I don't celebrate it whatsoever so I think you deserve it more than I do.

I've got a lot of Irish blood, but I believe I'm more Scottish. (And possibly English? I'm not sure.)

Yeah. I have Irish blood too.

I keep it in a jar. Where do you hide yours?

Posted

Fridge. Second shelf from the top, in the back. In little plastic bags.

Posted

I'm irish/scottish/manx.