Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beyonce to endorse Nintendo DS

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Beyonce is set to join the likes of America Ferrera and Carrie Underwood to promote the Nintendo DSi.

------

[center][img]http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/03/17/beyoncegames_l.jpg[/img][/center]

Singer-actress Beyonce Knowles signed with Nintendo of America to endorse the upcoming Nintendo DSi in the United States, and has been seen during breaks while preparing for her upcoming [i]I Am... Sasha Fierce[/i] tour playing it.

"I've been having a great time," Knowles told [url="http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/03/beyonce-nintend.html"]EW[/url] as she played [i]Rhythm Heaven[/i] on her black DSi, which is due in stores April 5 and filmed a television ad for. "I've been rehearsing for my tour in stilettos and uncomfortable corsets, learning all these arrangements. Today I was playing the game with my socks on, on the couch, and it was very relaxing!"

Knowles is also a self-proclaimed fan of games such as [i]Rock Band[/i] and [i]Guitar Hero[/i], and expressed interest in making a game for Wii if she was ever approached about it.

"I would love to imagine people playing to my songs," she said. "I've actually played some karaoke games with the old Destiny's Child songs. It's so funny, because I don't get great scores. I'm like, 'How is that possible?!'"

She's claimed she was part of the Nintendo generation when the original Nintendo Entertainment System came out in 1987.

"I would play [i]Super Mario Bros[/i]. We weren't supposed to play it after 9 o'clock, and I would sneak and play all night. I loved it."

Posted

Never would've guessed.

Posted

Nintendo has connections, wont lie

Posted

[quote name='Soi Karuna' post='211179' date='Mar 21 2009, 12:19 PM']Nintendo has [s]connections[/s] [b]money[/b], wont lie[/quote]

Thats better :)

not a fan of beyonce, but if Nintendo of America thinks more people will get into it because beyonce endorses their product, then sure, why not.

Posted

Yeah, I guess it's a sad fact that people will follow celebrities like sheep when it comes to these things. I might get one though just to save me getting a camera. I gave my old DS to my brother and was planning to get a DS Lite but I might get this instead. Who knows? It might actually be worth the extra arm and leg so I can take pretty pictures and try out homebrew rubbish.

I also want to play some of my old games again because I don't have to go without playing a game for long before it becomes nostalgic.