Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can I interest you in an Aspirin?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow. I saw a video on Youtube about Bayer knowingly distributing HIV tainted drugs and then read their Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer

Wow. They are impressively evil. From HIV tainted medicines to spreading of genetically modified plants to the sponsoring of the barbaric Nazi human experimentations by Dr. Mengeles (his page is well worth a read as well though I'm sure you're at least somewhat familiar with his work and the experiments there). In case you don't know, Mengeles did such experiments as CREATING conjoined twins, pulling out organs of children to see what happened, injecting chemicals in children's eyes to see if he could change their color, cooked Jews in ovens to measure the temperatures and times needed to obtain 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns, putting people in the freezing cold with thermometers attached all over their body to learn about the body's response to cold and which areas shut off in which order and how temperature changed as the people slowly died and much much more. Many people and children were barbarically tortured and abused (without consent of course) in the name of science. Granted, we did obtain massive amounts of data and knowledge about humans from this, but at a very high cost.

Bayer seems to set a pretty high bar for evil-doings... they also don't seem to be too considered about their image either it seems.

Posted

Yeah, they probably should be sued over the HIV thing, but I'm guessing there aren't any Nazis working there anymore. What's wrong with genetically modified plants?

Posted

Wow. I saw a video on Youtube about Bayer knowingly distributing HIV tainted drugs and then read their Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer

Wow. They are impressively evil. From HIV tainted medicines to spreading of genetically modified plants to the sponsoring of the barbaric Nazi human experimentations by Dr. Mengeles (his page is well worth a read as well though I'm sure you're at least somewhat familiar with his work and the experiments there). In case you don't know, Mengeles did such experiments as CREATING conjoined twins, pulling out organs of children to see what happened, injecting chemicals in children's eyes to see if he could change their color, cooked Jews in ovens to measure the temperatures and times needed to obtain 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns, putting people in the freezing cold with thermometers attached all over their body to learn about the body's response to cold and which areas shut off in which order and how temperature changed as the people slowly died and much much more. Many people and children were barbarically tortured and abused (without consent of course) in the name of science. Granted, we did obtain massive amounts of data and knowledge about humans from this, but at a very high cost.

Bayer seems to set a pretty high bar for evil-doings... they also don't seem to be too considered about their image either it seems.

The HIV thing happened in the late 70's/early 80's. Where it was virtually unknown. It was popping up about that time as "The Gay Cancer".

Posted

Wikipedia explains the problem with the genetically modified plants in this case. It's unfortunately spreading uncontrollably taking over natural rice in many areas since it was improperly contained.

Posted

I seem to recall there was another HIV-aspirin leak that was on purpose, and Im pretty sure it was these guys who were responsible, but that was around 04 or 05. They shafted it off to third world countries and eastern europe I believe?

Posted

I seem to recall there was another HIV-aspirin leak that was on purpose, and Im pretty sure it was these guys who were responsible, but that was around 04 or 05. They shafted it off to third world countries and eastern europe I believe?

That's correct.

Posted

huh, guess they didnt feel they had enough controversy with the first time they did it?