Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo Wii or GCN

18 posts in this topic

Posted

<_< K, I really want to know what the diferences between the Nintendo Wii TP of NGC TP Do they have the differnent graphics or anything diferent than the other besides the controls and Wii remote. The game has been released today so i'm exited to hear what you have to say!

Posted

Other than the hand being for left in GC and right for the Wii and the fact that the world is kind of reveresed, I don't know..

Posted

:embarrassed: Wait, what does that mean?

Posted

Well the Link on the GC is actually EVIL and Gannondorf is infact the Good Guy! its reversed!! OH MY GOD!!!!

no just kidding, ;)

its reveresed in the fact that the world is literally flipped the other way round. Let me explain. On the wii - if you left a certain town in TP, and you were to head in a left-ish direction from that town untill, i dunno, the next area or whatever. If you were to do the same on the gamecube, you would leave the same town, but head in a right-ish direction, and get to the next area, you would be in exactly the same place as the link in the Wii TP. Make sense? hope so. Sorry, i dont know any location names in TP :P

and as vivi said, link is left handed in gc and right handed in Wii.

i think graphically they are more or less the same though.

Posted

(Putting it in simpler terms:) The games are opposites. If you would need to go right on the GameCube version, you would need to go left on the Wii version. (Sorry ZuZu, but I read that and got kinda confused myself. :embarrassed: )

Posted

alright. in the wii version, kakariko village is on the left. so, on the gamecube version, it'll be on the right.

Posted

WTF!?!??!?!??!??!??! Link evil SERIOSLY dont lie! I really want to know the truth! Obviousy not every thing is reveresed like the textures, word, gamplay, story and looks. Link wont be evil. Is there a mod or sombody who can seriosly give the truth?!?

Edit: I just relizized you were kiddng sorry..... But it wont be confusing when you play...right!?!?!? Like if you leve a town to the left u go right or if u hit the right button you go left? the game will feel normal right?

Posted

Yeah, everything's normal, you hit right to go right, left to go left (In both versions). Hmm...Hyrule is reversed.

Posted

So you wouldnt notice anything different if you had only seen one right?

Posted

The Wii version can support 16:9 but the Gamecube version can't. I got both, I thought the Gamecube verson was more difficult. :)

Posted

bahh.. sorry if i caused confusion, i was trying to clear it up.

gannondorf put it in simpler terms, that I did. but he essentially said what I meant :P

And if you had only played one version of the game, no you wouldnt notice a difference.

Posted

The Wii version can support 16:9 but the Gamecube version can't. I got both, I thought the Gamecube verson was more difficult.

Wait...Whats that mean?

Posted

Wait...Whats that mean?

Thats a certain television resolution.

kinda like on pc's how you have 800x600, 1280x1024 etc.

its nothing too important, just a bigger screen when playing the game.

Posted

only difference is Mirror mode, like on mario kart double dash.

Posted

By reversed they just mean the world is. For example, if you are reading a players guide for the Wii version that says to 'go right' in a dungeon, you should go left on the gamecube.

Think like looking in a mirror. You move your head to the right, but it looks like its going to the left in the mirror. So if you were to look at the map of say a dungeon and the boss room on the Wii map was North, then it would be on the southern siude of the map on Gamesube.