Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Weird Al Yankovic CD in the works

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A few years ago Weird Al Yankovic, also known as the "White and Nerdy" guy released an album of original and parody songs called "Straight Outta Lynwood". Most saw this as his swansong, until he started selling. That album got him his 3rd Grammy and his first Billboard topping album and single in his almost 30 year career. That's right 30 years, I hace many of his albums going back into my childhood first on cassette then to Cds later on.

Now he's hard at work on his new album, the first track has just been released via iTunes and other music download services it's a parody of a song by T.I called "Whatever You Like" which coincidentally is what Al's version is called to. A first for the king of parody. So if you like Al or are just getting to know him, download "Whatever You Like" today.

create_black.jpg launch_black.jpg get_black.jpg
Edited by Tappy (see edit history)

Posted

Big weird al fan here, Im suprised though that THAT track made a top single? he has so much better! but thanks for the news, I hadnt heard about a new album on the horizon. I'll be sure to get that track.

Posted

The next single for "Internet Leaks" has been released. Download "Craigslist" by Weird Al today.

Posted

hahah wtf, any official release date?

Posted

Yay. I should get this. Even though I haven't listened to a CD in 3 years.

Posted

Yay. I should get this. Even though I haven't listened to a CD in 3 years.

His Cd won't come out till next year, these are singles that'll be part of the album. They can only be downloaded from itunes, Napster or other download services.

hahah wtf, any official release date?

The collection of singles will be called "Internet Leaks", the album yet to be named will come out next year.

Posted

added a player to the first post with the song so everyone can listen to it on the spot.

Posted

I love Weird Al XD

My favorite is 'The Devil Went Down To Jamaica'

Posted

^I thought that song was made by Steven Lynch.

Posted

^I thought that song was made by Steven Lynch.

You're both wrong it was Travis Meyer.

Posted

O-o-o-o-o-wned

Posted

Two new songs have been released for "Internet Leaks" they are Skipper Dan, an original song about a once great actor who now leads the Adventure cruise at Disney Land. And CNR a parody of The White Stripes about late actor/comedian Charles Nelson Reilly, and his "Chuck Norris" inspired mythic exploits.

Posted

I LOVE Weird Al!!! I'm pretty sure I have all of his music (except for these new ones).

One of my favorites is "You're Pitiful".