Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miyamoto Interview Uncovers a Bit More About Zelda Wii

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Sometime today, an interview was conducted with Shigeru Miyamoto about the destinies of some upcoming titles, the most mysterious ones being about Zelda Wii.

------

The interview conducted shed some light on oddities in the upcoming title. Miyamoto pointed vaguely at a point of interest-- Link isn't holding a sword in his leaked artwork.
Miyamoto has also responded to questions about the possibility of Zelda Wii being a [i]Twilight Princess[/i] sequel, saying that it would be completely different.

However, Miyamoto also told everyone to think of Zelda when they swordfight or shoot arrows in the upcoming title that supports Motion+.
What could this mean?

Read more at [url="http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991714p1.html"]http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991714p1.html[/url]
Sahaqiel

Posted

knowing nintendo, they're really going all out with this next zelda wii. before, miyamoto promised he's make a game better then zelda ocarina of time, I think he's decided now's the time

Posted

It was Eiji Auonuma that said he'd promised to make a Zelda better than OoT.
But yeah, I hope they're pulling out all the stops.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Yes. They shall make this game better. Link will be bigger, better, and stronger too. He's not the first member of the DK crew. (But he should be. :unsure: )

I will be honest I couldn't post that with a strait face.

Anyway yeah. I have high hopes for this game.

Posted

dude watch what you say around Legend of Zelda fans, trust me, and also, please [u]try[/u] and talk clean

Link doesn't have a sword? something isn't right about it, but it could just be another side game like Link's Crossbow Training.

Think about Zelda when we fight? Could that mean that Zelda is a playable character?

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' post='224894' date='Jun 4 2009, 04:51 PM']Yes. They shall make this game better. Link will be bigger, better, and stronger too. He's not the first member of the DK crew. (But he should be. :unsure: )

I will be honest I couldn't post that with a strait face.

Anyway yeah. I have high hopes for this game.[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha. That was awesome. XD

I think he means think about the Zelda franchise, not about Princess Zelda.

Posted

Lack of sword, eh. Clearly, the fairy becomes a sword.

The Legend of Zelda: Fairy Sword. Calling it now.

Posted

Seconding Naeb's idea.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote]...to make a Zelda better than OoT.[/quote]

---
Really? O.O That's a really big goal.

Posted

Thirding Naeb's idea. Beside if you look at the other post of *drumroll*New Zelda
I mention something about the fairy possibly turning into a sword. That would be awesome.
Beside it is kindda like Soul Eater. In the show this one guy can turn into a scyth if you've seen it.

Posted

^All most every one's said that.

Anyway, I like Nabe's idea of the name, but I doubt that would be it. Then again I have been wrong 4 times relating to Zelda discussions.

Posted

So true. YLA (Young Link Addicted) I've seen some of your replies but it's not like I haven't been wrong before.

Posted

^Yeah. Also for the future the last word is just "addict."

We'll all we can do for now is wait. Until what next year?

Posted

[quote]Shigeru Miyamoto: I think we do this with Mario and Zelda as well. When we are working on the plans for them, we are trying to come up with ways where we can satisfy our longtime fans and bring new players into the franchises as well. That's something we're always looking at. However, when I get involved in a title, I focus a lot on more experience and the more advanced gameplay elements. If I get into it, there's a tendency for difficulty levels to ramp up so that's something I really have to watch for myself to make sure that I don't do that.[/quote]
This was a mistake with Twilight Princess. It ended up being too easy. Please oh please don't make the same mistake twice.

[quote]It was Eiji Auonuma that said he'd promised to make a Zelda better than OoT.[/quote]
Didn't they promise to do the same with Twilight Princess?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this will be a great game. The goals just sound a bit similar to Twilight Princess to get me hyped. I'm going to reserve all my hype for when the game actually comes out, or until people play an actual demo of it. A beta version isn't good enough for me. Not after Twilight Princess. I really hope they can do it right this time. I really hope they can raise the bar this time and truly make it better than OoT. I just learned too many lessons from TP to let myself fall into hype. I'll need more details before I can let that happen.

Posted

Yeah, hype + beta hype = MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT!!

TP made mistakes like that.
Sahaqiel