Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The swordsmaster is the Ocarina of Time Link

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I was thinking, and the swordmaster who teaches link hidden skills must be the link from ocarina of time. For example, he is the only person who is the same handed as link. In the gamecube, link and he are the only left handed. In the wii, the only right handed.

Also, he talks about these hidden skills are the skills of a hero and only he knows them, and he wants to make sure they are passed down to the new hero. Why wouldn't he be A past Link?

Posted

sorry but this is old news. notice after the last skill he says 'go forth my son', and we know TP link is the son of OoT link.

Posted

tp is 100yrs after oot, but... if he is the oot Link then why is he also a wolf? maybe becus he is somekinda "mirror" of tp Link.. I dunno.., during my first playthrough I though he was OoT Link, that swordsman skeleton

"Go forth my son" hmm.. maybe he dont mean it like that?

Posted

Ummmm... Yes the swordsman is a older dead link, but no, he is not Links relative. He did not mean "my son" literaly, he just meant my student or something. They are not related... I dont think... Hmmm... Link is an orphan in TP isnt he... Maybe... Hmmm... Im going to do some research. I will get back to you on this one.

Posted

sorry but this is old news. notice after the last skill he says 'go forth my son', and we know TP link is the son of OoT link.

He isn't the son of OOt link he just trained from him. I think he meant that reletively speaking, not literally

Posted

He isn't the son of OOt link he just trained from him. I think he meant that reletively speaking, not literally
Yes that is what I think, but, you never know. Link is an orphan in TP. I am not saying that I beleve this is true, but it may be possible that in Links family, every 100 years a hero is born? (This wold explane why he was abandoned, his family wanted him to learn how to live on his own so he would be strong and defend the land) They did say that evey 100 years a man is born into the gorundo theives and is said to be the leader of their tribe. Maybe this is a different ganondorf, and 100 years in the future from OOT, and therefore, every 100 years a villan and a hero are born, and the vilan (Ganondorf) Tries to take over, just to be stoped by a hero (Link).

(Please let it be known that I do not beleive the above theory, I just wrote it. I still beleve that the swordsmaster is the link from OOT or a different game, and that the swordsmaster meant "My Son" As my student, not actualy blood related.)

Posted

It's possible, although there actually seems to be no information about link's origins in twilight princess.

Of course the fact that there are multiple heroes anyway, it could be any link or one not currently known about... i mean i don;t recall link having red eyes for instance.

And there's nothing to say TP happens precisely 100 years after OoT either, the only thing said was " a couple of decades"

Posted

I agree with the 'go forth my son' figure of speech thing, and y'know, that warrior probably saved hyrule once, before link did

Posted

it also said that the hidden skills must remain in the bloodline

Posted

which means that he is related to Link, and since Ocarina of Time Link had the triforce already, I think it was passed down to Tp Link, because he starts out with it

Posted

The swordman said: "Go forth and do not falter, my child." That doesn't mean he is TP Link's father...

Posted

Yes, he does say that, but at another meeting he says "These skills must stay in our bloodline."

Posted

and I don't think he is his father

Posted

I really think he is OOT Link, or at least a previous Link.

They both transform into wolves, and the hints he gives you sometimes... enough evidence for me.

Posted

Highlight the spoilers box to reveal he is SOME LINK FROM THE PAST.

This is a direct quote.

"I accepted life as the hero, but after my life, I had no way to teach the future generations these techniques."

Ergo, he must be some form of previous hero. "I accepted life as the hero..." set it off.

Done.