Who am I? Why am I here?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, folks!

First thing's first: my name's Tim, I'm currently 23 years old, and I'll be living in North Carolina in about a month. I have lived in Pittsburgh, PA, for the last five years, but North Carolina is where I grew up so it'll be nice to move back. :n_n:

I'm moving primarily for law school. I completed my undergrad degree just this past summer with majors in Philosophy and Creative Writing.

As for why I'm here: when my girlfriend introduced me to Hyrule.net (she'll hopefully be joining shortly), we took a look at the forum, thought it was a fairly active place with good discussions and members, and decided to join. We're both currently active at legendofzelda.com (at which I'm a mod) and zeldadungeon.com (I specifically mod the debate forums there). I've noticed one of my colleagues from loz just joined, which is an amusing coincidence, since we've ended up at the same forums more than once. You'll probably find me in Serious Discussion and Entertainment Zone (I'm a bit of a movie buff) the most, but that doesn't mean I'll be completely inactive on other forums.

I started out as a Sega fanatic. While I'd played and loved Duck Hunt/ Super Mario Bros., it was the Genesis, along with Sonic the Hedgehog 2, that got me hooked on gaming. Suffice to say that I envied the SNES owners, and when Mario 64 was released, I was convinced I had to snag the Nintendo 64. It soon became my favorite console. In 1998, when I preordered Ocarina of Time due to the hype, I was completely unsure of what to expect, but it blew me away. It remains my favorite game to this day, and I've managed to play (though not finish) all of the other Zelda games, save Oracle of Seasons. I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of the series, but it's entertaining, and it hosts a few of the best games ever made (OoT, TWW, LA, TMC). That said, I still love Sega. With releases like Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue on the Dreamcast, it's impossible for me to renounce my fandom for them at all. It's only grown.

I've also recently become a fan of RPG's with the release of Tales of Symphonia and Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition. Both introduced me to a genre with which I'd been mostly unfamiliar at the time, with the major exception of Pokemon.

Music-wise, I like almost everything. For now I'm into classical, jazz, and heavy/power/glam/prog metal. You'll find me talking a lot about this subject as well, though I don't even know the first thing about music theory. XD Finally, I have pretty strong political views which are a frequent subject of conversation for me, but I won't spoil this thread by posting about them.

So, that's my story. :embarrassed: I hope I haven't talked too much, and I look forward to participating in forum activities and threads. Thanks for reading!

PS: Props to anyone who gets the reference in the thread title. n_n

Posted

Welcome to Hyrule.net, I hope you have a good time here. I know I certainly do.

Posted

Nice to have you. I've only read one post by you and you're already awesome. Welcome to Hyrule.

Also, Morrowind owns.

Posted

Welcome to Hyrule.net and everything Bond just said.

Posted

Welcome =) good to have you on board. Law school huh? that'll be hard work but good on you for doing it.

heavy/power/glam/prog metal.

hell yes =)

Posted (edited)

Hey welcome to Hyrule. Enjoy the in-flight movie and stay with us at Air Hyrule.

That being said,

I've also recently become a fan of RPG's with the release of Tales of Symphonia...
You are now really cool in my book. Tales of Symphonia is most epic. Edited by Chef Nonsense (see edit history)

Posted

Welcome, sir. I hope you stay with us and join the community. You seem interesting enough to add some intelligent thoughts to the discussions.

Posted

Nice to have you. I've only read one post by you and you're already awesome. Welcome to Hyrule.

Oh, wow. I was already thinking the same thing when I read this topic on his profile.

Hanyou, I salute you.

I like intelligent people. They're fun to talk to.

Posted

Hanyou? I think that's japanese... If so, I believe I know it's meaning. o:

Aha, well... Welcome to Hyrule.net! c: Have a nice stay here, please do your best to be an active member. o: And stuff... c: Welcome-- Wait... I said that already.

Whoo, classical and jazz...

Ugh, I'm just not gettin' the mojo. D: I love long posts so don't worry about that... :C But this post is oh so short... It saddens me. ;A;

Posted

Welcome. I hope you like it here.

Also, Morrowind is awesome. :joy:

Posted

Hello welcome to Hyrule.net.

Posted

Thanks for the warm welcomes, all! I've already made a few posts and found quite entertaining and interesting discussions here!

Arcanelord: Morrowind is probably my favorite Western RPG, and I prefer it to Oblivion. I just downloaded Daggerfall earlier tonight, though, so we'll see how I feel about that after I've spent more than 5 minutes with it.

Ryu, thanks. I hope I'm reasonably intelligent! n_n It is nice to have friendly and intelligent discussions on forums.

Vio, Hanyou means half-demon. There's a story behind it: when I started foruming, I was quite a fan of both Inuyasha and anime, so everything about my profile, avy, etc. was anime-inspired. I don't much like Inuyasha anymore and, while I do like good anime, I don't study the genre anymore. Regardless, the name stuck. So I usually join forums as Hanyou now.