Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kaseixjaa's Sketchpad

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't have much to post at the moment. This is the first time I've drawn in awhile, and I don't want to post my old stuff. I'm rusty, but you guys have managed to inspire me to pick up a pencil (or pen, as in this case) once more. I will try to update this (i.e. draw more) as often as I can. My first submission is a simple sketch, but please let me know what you think.

I drew Sheik in my own style.

sheik.png

Edited by Kaseixjaa (see edit history)

Posted

Very good. One thing bothers me though. She looks like a guy. It bugs me when people think she's male. Sheik always looked female to me. Oh well.

Posted (edited)

I drew Sheik as a male, 'cause, well let's face it, she puts on a very masculine facade, either through magical or non-magical means.

Hence the short hair and thick neck. If I saw a girl with that kind of neck in real life, I'd be scared.

Posted (edited)

Whether male or female, let's face it. The game refers to him/her as a male, so that's what he is intended to be perceived as. Also, excellent job. You have a lot of talent.

Edited by zeldafancs (see edit history)

Posted

Whether male or female, let's face it. The game refers to him/her as a male, so that's what he is intended to be perceived as.

Very true.

Also, excellent job. You have a lot of talent.

Thank you sir.

Posted

Excellent |D

I like it.

Also, I have seen a female with a neck like that D: On Fear Factor. She scared me.

Posted

Although in Brawl, she was given a more feminine appearance, along with that long braid in the back, so yeah...

Posted

Whether male or female, let's face it. The game refers to him/her as a male, so that's what he is intended to be perceived as. Also, excellent job. You have a lot of talent.

I know, but it still bugs me... a little pet peeve of mine, I guess.

Also, Kasei (mind if I call you that?), with the new forum software change I can't seem to find where to manage Wisdom, so sorry. I can't approve you yet. I'll keep looking, but you might have to wait until Dustin messes around some more.

Posted (edited)

Although in Brawl, she was given a more feminine appearance, along with that long braid in the back, so yeah...

Yeah... I actually hated the braid, so I removed it when I made my signature.

Also, Kasei (mind if I call you that?), with the new forum software change I can't seem to find where to manage Wisdom, so sorry. I can't approve you yet. I'll keep looking, but you might have to wait until Dustin messes around some more.

You can call me that. ;) And don't worry about the wisdom thing. =) It's all cool.

Posted

Wow that's awesome! I really do admire the realistic shape of the face (especially the nose) you drew. I've always wanted to do that correctly!

I'll totally overlook the Zelda-fact that Sheik is a guy or girl... I don't really know for myself since I haven't played OoT yet. 8]

Posted

Wow that's awesome! I really do admire the realistic shape of the face (especially the nose) you drew. I've always wanted to do that correctly!

I'll totally overlook the Zelda-fact that Sheik is a guy or girl... I don't really know for myself since I haven't played OoT yet. 8]

Haha, thank you. And... Just think of Sheik as an it. It's more amusing that way.