Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OoT: See the sun in a very strange place...

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hai guys!joy.gif

It came to my attention the other day while messing about on Ocarina Of Time that the sun follows a set cycle, like it does on Earth. (LOL I'm slightly dumb) So anyway, I went back to Hyrule Castle and got on the chains attached to the drawbridge just as it began to rise. First of all, I noticed that you can earn 60 rupees by just walking across the top of it. Thats simple enough.

But my point being, when you stand on the chains while the drawbridge is up, you notice that you can see through the wall at the top, amirite? Well, if you get the camera at the right angle, you might see the early morning sun sprite (the orangey coloured one) UNDERNEATH the floor, travelling to the horizon.

It makes sense as it shows that the sun is on a permenant loop so the game doesn't have to figure out what time to make it rise. It just moves constantly at the same speed to make life easier.

You've probably found this out years ago, but I still think its pretty funny. biggrin.gif

Posted

I actually had no clue about any of this, and never noticed it was in a cycle. I see it come up, and I see it go down. I never really make the connection, I just move on. This is actually a cool find.

Posted

^ Seconded. Very cool.

Posted

Thanks for telling me :)

Posted

I think this was the easiest way to program the cycle of the sun, I'd probably do it the same way :)

Posted

I never knew about it and I know all kinds of useless (but cool) info!

Posted

Wow, I'm actually quite surprised that for once, I'm not the last to know!sweat.gif