Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reading Rainbow Ends

6 posts in this topic

Posted

After 26 years, the beloved children's show hosted by LeVar Burton will disappear from the airwaves. Today, educational funding favors programs that teach kids how to read, rather than why to read.

Reading Rainbow Ends

Posted

Oh yes, I heard about this. It's truly a shame, as I remember watching this as a kid. The thing is, if kids don't want to read, it doesn't matter if they can or not.

A bit of me died, and another bit cried when I read about this. Such a shame.

Posted

i always loved this show along with wishbone and bill nye the science guy, they taught me to love reading and science and they are in my opinion some of the best shows ive seen.

Posted

That show kind of annoyed me, even when I was younger, but this is sad news nonetheless.

Posted

I used to watch the Rainbow every day on PBS as a kid. My favorite episode was when LeVar took "Reading Rainbow" behind the scenes of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" watching the show (TNG) was a Saturday night ritual in the McNutt house. That was when we only had one TV and no cable.

Also one of my favorite childrens books "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs" which they showcased on Reading Rainbow, is getting the Movie treatment as a 3D computer animated film.

Posted

That show kind of annoyed me, even when I was younger, but this is sad news nonetheless.

Same here. I just didn't like it. It IS sad news though. Most programming geared towards kids these days isn't the same.