Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avast, me hearties.

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. It's on a Saturday, but whatever, people celebrated Halloween in school if it landed on a weekend.

I'm going to make a bunch of eyepatches, each out of the magical thing we call masking tape, which, to my surprise, has solved a vast amount of my costume-related problems, such as creating a fairly creepy mask, completely out of masking tape. When these are completed, I will make them completely black with Sharpie.

Now, this may sound a bit low in the production value area, but it seriously looks just like faux leather. You don't even comprehend.

Anyways, I'm going to hand out these to some people, and on Friday, September 18th, we're going to celebrate early at school. I did this last year; it was pretty cool. Had some random braids, but I didn't wear a bandana to hold my hair back 'cause I think that'd be going too far past the dress code, etc. Normally, schools have this rule against pirate-related gear/outfits, for whatever reason. Probably worried about us hijacking boats and robbing them in the hallways, I assume. And we have a dress code policy that requires a color-based uniform and IDs, blah blah blah, etc. etc.

Well, I'm a Pastafarian, and September 19th is a religious holiday for us. So, if anything comes up, I'll just tell them that I have a right to practice my religion. Followers of Islam bypass the "no headwear" rule in regards to their headdresses. One of them is my friend. Actually, I think she might be the only one in the school that wears one. She's pretty cool. We came up with the idea of melting down a Hershey bar into a Pringles can lid and freezing it to make a chocolate cookie.

It was pretty delicious.

ANYWAY.

I think you all should go out of your way to celebrate such a joyous occasion, and I suppose I've just given you a defense mechanism against humorously stiff passerby.

Praise be to the Complex Carbohydrate in the Sky, yarr.

Ra-men.

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

Damn ye, yellow-bellied sapsuckers, I'm a better man than all of ye milksops put together

like that eh?

Posted

I tip the kegs to ye'.

Aye, yer not sobad for a landlubber.

Sahaqiel, yar

Posted

Pasta thing-Funny.

Make double eyepatches for fun. I want one, as that seems quite funny.

Posted (edited)

Alright guys.

Totally crafted an eyepatch, and it was pretty cool. Also gave only one other eyepatch due to time restrictions, to pheonix561.

I painted the Flying Spaghetti Monster symbol on the eyepatch, and it had a lens from a pair of sunglasses behind it, with a slit where the "FSM" would be, so I could see better and the front would still look black.

I was stopped by humorously stiff passerby. :/

My Algebra teacher, Mrs. Karr, told me to take the eyepatch off in her class, which I assumed was because we were watching a video that tried to get people to reform for peaceful action, since we had the infamous bus fight that has been spreading across the media. Later, I'm in the hallway, with my eyepatch back on and my spyglass in my belt, (no, really, I have one of those) and she stops me, and she's like,

"What did I tell you about wearing that eyepatch? I'm afraid I'm going to have to write you up this time, since it's not for medical reasons, and it is disruptive." (Which it's not. Also, imagine an older teacher with a younger hairstyle, with a creepy smile and bags under her eyes that make her look kinda' out of it, and she acts passive aggressively all the time, acting like she's done nothing when she punishes you without a word or even a frown, with a condescending manner)

"Alright," I start to take the eyepatch off, and mumble,

"It's more for religious reasons."

"What's that?"

"Err, it's more for religious reasons."

"Oh really? (Smile and hand clasp, sounds slightly sarcastic) What religion is that?"

"Pastafarianism."

"What's that?"

"Pastafarianism."

"Oh, I see, well, I'm going to send you to the assistant principal's office, this time. Someone'll call you down, later."

"Alright."

Which was great, since our assistant principal is lenient on me, even when I wear jeans to school. (He's the only one to catch me besides other students, really.)

I walk into his office absentmindedly during a conversation, and the rent-a-cop who disapproves of my silly actions (I do this type of thing a lot, relatively) looks me in the eye and points at me with the sort of "I'm watching you" attitude, only it was dead serious and the cheesiest thing I've ever seen, then just walks out of the room, so I'm like what.

Then the AP was like, "Son, you don't just barge into the room when we're having a conversation!", etc. etc.

"Oh! Sorry, sorry."

I walk out, wait a bit, I go back in.

I didn't have to explain myself or anything, other than my misconception about only having to take the patch off during the video, and he returns me to class after scolding me about how "take off" is synonymous with "keep off".

I quickly explain to my history teacher in the next hour, "My religion condones the wearing of pirate attire on International Talk Like a Pirate Day, which I am observing today; may I wear this eyepatch?"

"... Say that again?"

(Repeat)

"You want to wear an eyepatch?... Sure, I guess."

Mr. Rickey is always cool like that.

So yeah, basically the most eventful things that came out of that.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

Sounds fun. I totally spaced on Talk Like a Pirate Day. D:

Oh well. I could start now. Avast.

Posted

It's not today. It's Saturday.

Tomorrow.

Well, at least tomorrow for me, for the next 18 minutes.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ah. I feel stupid now. Seems like a sign that I should head off to bed.

Posted

talk like pirate?

.....wench.....

heheheheheheh.....

Ay......

Cannonballs....

Posted

I wore my eyepatch. and my uncovered eye is red for whatever reason. so everyone I saw thought I was stoned out of my miiiiiiind. lol. it was funny.

Posted

Argh.